Celebrity Refelction: How to enable HDMI ports in balcony staterooms

GuavaTechAngels

If you have a phone with an IR Blaster:

This app worked AWESOME at allowing full access to the TV menu, options and inputs on the Celebrity Reflection!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ir.remote.smg.tv

This was great because the room's TV or keyboard remotes only allowed you to do basic things. They didn't even allow you to set the sleep timer. With this app, I was able to dim the screen for night viewing, set the sleep timer, get access to all the HDMI ports, etc.

I had a real universal remote bought from Amazon for this purpose that I take with me when I travel but it didn't work properly on their TV. I was only able to turn the TV on/off and adjust the volume.

The best way to setup your own viewing devices is to plug them into HDMI 2, that way you still have access to Celebrity's system on HDMI 1.

If you want the TV to default to your own viewing device, then just move Celebrity's HDMI cable to HDMI 2 and put your device on HDMI 1.

Their TV defaults to HDMI 1 every time you turn it on.

Edited by GuavaTechAngels

If you have a phone with an IR Blaster:

This app worked AWESOME at allowing full access to the TV menu, options and inputs on the Celebrity Reflection!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ir.remote.smg.tv

This was great because the room's TV or keyboard remotes only allowed you to do basic things. They didn't even allow you to set the sleep timer. With this app, I was able to dim the screen for night viewing, set the sleep timer, get access to all the HDMI ports, etc.

I had a real universal remote bought from Amazon for this purpose that I take with me when I travel but it didn't work properly on their TV. I was only able to turn the TV on/off and adjust the volume.

The best way to setup your own viewing devices is to plug them into HDMI 2, that way you still have access to Celebrity's system on HDMI 1.

If you want the TV to default to your own viewing device, then just move Celebrity's HDMI cable to HDMI 2 and put your device on HDMI 1.

Their TV defaults to HDMI 1 every time you turn it on.

On some cruise lines the IT department has control remotely of which ports on the TV can be accessed . If you change the primary port they might come in when the steward is doing your room and switch it back.

You can also ask the room Stewart if you can get a full function remote. Some ships the room Stewart is access to a limited number of these remotes.

On some cruise lines the IT department has control remotely of which ports on the TV can be accessed . If you change the primary port they might come in when the steward is doing your room and switch it back.

You can also ask the room Stewart if you can get a full function remote. Some ships the room Stewart is access to a limited number of these remotes.

That's pretty sweet and good to know that option is available too! I had my laptop on HDMI 1 the whole time on this ship and it wasn't changed by anyone.

Edited by GuavaTechAngels