Easyfare

Timsierramist

I found a code that supposedly works on a ship I wanted to take (Norwegian Epic) through common coupon code site Retailmenot. The problem is, when I did a mock booking to see if it would work by chance, I found that there was no place to enter it through the entire booking process.

Where can I plug and play promo codes to save a little green on NCL's website?

It is "greyed out" even when I enter my Credit Card info and proceed to a second form of payment.

Thank you.

Capture_zpsj2bi20ip.png

"Easyfare" is not a discount code at all, it comes automatically to specific bookings.

Also "my coupons and credits" in the payment dropdown menu does not refer to promo codes but to possible credits (often refunds etc) already attached to your existing NCL account.

For saving money with a cruise reservation, your best bet is to find a travel agent with a cashback/discount/etc, booking direct with the cruise line only rarely gets you the best price available.

Edited by Demonyte

"Easyfare" is not a discount code at all, it comes automatically to specific bookings.

Also "my coupons and credits" in the payment dropdown menu does not refer to promo codes but to possible credits (often refunds etc) already attached to your existing NCL account.

Thank you for the quick reply. That makes sense now.

I simply don't deal with travel agents. At all. So perhaps calling them directly and haggling with them would be my best bet. Especially after the fact that upon mock booking, they've been calling me every single day and leaving my voicemails as if they were some crazy creditor, heh.

I simply don't deal with travel agents. At all. So perhaps calling them directly and haggling with them would be my best bet.

Sorry to say this but by booking direct you are pretty much always paying extra.

Also the standard CSRs employed by the cruise lines can not make any off price list deals with you, I stopped using my last PCC when I asked if they could match a TAs price and they said that they are not able to, and encouraged me to transfer my booking to the TA as I got better price there.

My TA has always given us about 10% of the cruise fare in OBC and/or discount on top of everything the cruise line is currently offering.