Coral Princess Highlights/Review

Jack1963

We did the 10 day Panama Canal on Coral last Dec, and will be going again Feb 6th. We had signed up for the Aerial Tram trip but it was rained out as were all the excursions in Costa Rica. The best excursion we did was to get off in Gatun Lake and visit the Embera tribe out in the rain forest. It was very interesting and completely different from anything else we've ever done, plus we purchased some beautiful baskets for our collection. This Feb we hope to take the train from Gatun Lake to the Pacific. On Italian night, make sure to have the "Lemoncella" after dinner drink. I was lucky enough to get the recipe from the maitre de. yummy The dancing in the Wheelhouse Bar was great as were all the shows in the Princess theater.

Thanks for answering. Our posts are not showing up where they should or I'm doing something wrong. I had to search your profile to find your answer. We're actually doing the aerial tram in Panama,not Costa Rica. The Costa Rica tour was too long for my daughter.

Sheila

I only joined yesterday so bear with me. My husband ( what does DH stand for?-I can think of so many possibilities!) , 22 yr old daughter and 26 yr old son and significant other! This is our 6th cruise except 2nd for son and 1st for his SO. Our 2nd with Princess. Never knew about these boards! Mt daughter only needs the wheelchair for significant walking-is not confined-unless she's having a bad day. She won't need it on the tram but might need it to get to it. Thanks for answering. Should I br regretting saying 'no upgrades'? Sheila

Sheila2,

We sailed the Coral in Alaska just a few weeks ago and we were in C229! We actually shared the minisuite with our two college aged sons and there was plenty of room on the balcony for the four of us. Every once in awhile we had to jockey positions to get in and out of the sliding door because of the table, but overall plenty of room. Room for four to stand at the railing at the same time as well.

I noticed that most of the balconies only had two chairs on them. Ours had four when we arrived, I'm sure because there were four of us booked into the room. Just ask the steward when you arrive, and I'm sure they will bring you two more chairs if you'd like them.

We loved the room, it was spacious and plenty big enough even for the four of us. The bed and pillows were verrry firm though, and I didn't enjoy that aspect too much.

The location was good for us. Close to the forward elevators which will take you right up to the Horizon Court and the pool.

Have a great time! The Panama Canal is on my list of future cruises I want to take.

Lori

Thanks for the info. I must be doing something wrong because my replies are not always going where they should! I'm glad you had fun-we did Alaska for our first cruise in 1999 and i've been hooked ever since! Can't go as often as I'd like so this is a big thrill for us. In the last 10 years our son has only been on vacation with us once and I'm sure it will be a while before it happens again! Did you see C225 across the hall? We've never had an inside cabin but I guess he and his significant other can just join us for the view! Hope you get this reply.

Sheila

The insides were in a little hallway that ran from side to side on the ship, so I never saw into the rooms at all. I saw the hallway where they're located and it's almost directly across from you, so it will be easy access for you to get to each other's rooms. Have a great time with your son. We figure this vacation we just took will probably be the last for the four of us as a family. The "boys" are grown and in college with jobs, so it gets harder all the time to coordinate something.

Lori

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for the great review. My mom & I are frist time cruiser on princess.
We have 27 cruises on RCCL and wanted to do the canal trip again this year and RCCL had no balconies available,so here we go try a new line and by this review I think we have made the right choice. we sail 6 Feb 05.

Archived