Has anyone ever been capped on an unlimited package?

chiguypaul

We have a friend that we were sailing with who had their regular waiter for the week "tailor" their drinks one night. Their waiter, by the end of the night was bringing them 1 mixed drink followed by one of just Coke with no booze.;) Everyone else knew, but the person getting the drinks. No harm no foul, and I bet they felt better the next day.

Last year, we had a member of our group get a little "loud" with the package one night. He would order a drink and the bartender would hand him a bottle of water with the instructions that he was to drink it first and then he could have his drink.

I believe he was also asked to leave the nightclub one night and not return. He was never "cut off" though.

hard to say. We had unlimited on our last cruise and we were never cut off.....then again we weren't pounding down drinks one after another....memore than her at least...

As far as time between, I guess that could be a thing. In the mornings when i was fresh again it takes nothing to put a few down so it can go quick, but then it depends on if the bartender is busy with other people and by the time they get back, it's time again....

Now if you order a martini and don't like and request another drink right away, I don't see the problem...but then again I don't make the rules. But anyway...

Yes, I have heard of this. I met some people on my recent Navigator cruise that had been cut off 2 nights in a row (From what I saw of them, the bartenders made the right choice).

They told me the first time they stopped service to them for an hour, and then then after a "few" more they were not served anything else the rest of the night. The same thing happened the next day.

I did ask a bartender about it the following day (Trying to figure out exactly how many someone would have to have to have service stopped), and he said that they must stop service to anyone who appears intoxicated or is purchasing drinks too quickly.

I worked in the bar business for a while back in the day, and the same basic rules applied in the establishment I worked in. The cruise line has to monitor this, since they are serving the alcohol they can be held liable for serving someone more than they can they can safely drink.

Edited by Firefighterhoop