cabin selection

pasta1

This is a basic large outside cabin, with the promenade outside. The obstruction in the view is the superstructure across the promenade, with a view of the ocean/sky to your right.

There will be plenty of light coming in, including at night due to the deck lights. Be sure to keep your draperies closed when you need privacy, and keep at least the sheers closed when you sleep (there is enough light to get to/from the bathroom during the night. that's nice).

The cabin is far enough forward that there won't be people gathering outside talking. But it is also far enough forward that you will feel some movement in rough seas. Whether or not that is a problem is up to you.

I was once in a similar cabin a few doors further aft. I liked it there, but do prefer being a little closer to mid-ship.

I believe the OVs on Lower Promenade deck are shorter than the OVs lower down (Main deck?) so the couch will only be a loveseat. I've had an H (or HH which ever is partial obstructed) on Maasdam and we had a great view... also had a "C" once (but they have re-categorized so I don't know what it is now - on a different ship, 3331 on Amsterdam); both these rooms had loveseats.

I enjoy having the promenade deck just steps away but I also like being a deck below with the unobstructed OV and having the slightly longer room with the full couch and closer to the water to see it better. If you are open to an upgrade you could wind up there... or if you like the promenade deck just outside your room you may want to make your room Do Not Upgrade. Either way I'd be a happy camper! m--