New York Port cruise & park hotel???

tinadago

I've never heard of hotelnparking.com. Interesting. Their web site says a $10 cancellation fee buried under 'Cancel reservation'. Crowne Plaza was offering the same thing directly for $139, but they are sold out.

I'd call the Doubletree hotel to see what they recommend for a car service into NYC. Somebody said $60 each way, but I simply don't know. The hotel is right at the GW Bridge, so that amount seems reasonable. Be sure you ask for a breakdown of base price, tolls, and tip (18-20%) so there are no surprises.

Here's a quote from mommyto2girls (Andrea) about Fort Lee area car service:

The Marriott is down the road from us..call GW Taxi in Fort Lee NJ and tell them I told you to call they are reasonable and reliable. We just got off the Gem yesterday and use them for all our car service needs. Toll is included tip is not. They are the best the trip will take you 20 minutes to the pier.

Hi. We are on the Gem out of New York on the 1st of Feb. Looking for a deal where we can keep our vehicle at the hotel while on our cruise at a minimal fee/free (10 nights)...Any ideas.

Thank you.

Tina

check this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2102600&page=2

from post 22

Candlewood suites

279 Secaucus Road , Secaucus, NJ 07094 , United States

1 877 660 8550 (Reservations) 1-201-8653900 (Front Desk)

CRUISING WITH EASE

01 Feb 2016 to 02 Feb 2016

• FREE Cancellation until 6:00 PM local hotel time on January 31, 2016

•No deposit required

‎ ‎$ 124.00 USD

Nightly Rate

Edited by Orleanscruiser

check this thread

from post 22

Candlewood suites

1 877 660 8550 (Reservations) 1-201-8653900 (Front Desk)

CRUISING WITH EASE

01 Feb 2016 to 02 Feb 2016

• FREE Cancellation until 6:00 PM local hotel time on January 31, 2016

•No deposit required

‎ ‎$ 124.00 USD

Nightly Rate

Candlewood suites

1 877 660 8550 (Reservations) 1-201-8653900 (Front Desk

CRUISING WITH EASE

$ 124.00 USD per room, per night Tax: 18% per night not included in rate effective 31 January, 2016 thru 1 February, 2016 2 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUMDESCRIPTION:CRUISING WITH EASE PACKAGE INCLUDES FREE PARKING FOR 1 VEHICLE FOR UP TO 10 NIGHTS BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR STAY.

Cannot be combined with any other offer Unused portions of this package may not be credited

CANCELLATION POLICY:Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Saturday, 30 January, 2016 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 30 January, 2016, or failing to show, will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation

Candlewood suites

CRUISING WITH EASE

$ 124.00 USD per room, per night Tax: 18% per night not included in rate effective 31 January, 2016 thru 1 February, 2016 2 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUMDESCRIPTION:CRUISING WITH EASE PACKAGE INCLUDES FREE PARKING FOR 1 VEHICLE FOR UP TO 10 NIGHTS BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR STAY.

Cannot be combined with any other offer Unused portions of this package may not be credited

CANCELLATION POLICY:Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Saturday, 30 January, 2016 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 30 January, 2016, or failing to show, will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation

Thanks ... just note for those comparing to other offers (like me), this does NOT include transportation to and from the cruise port.

Originally Posted by Orleanscruiser View Post

Candlewood suites

CRUISING WITH EASE

Thanks ... just note for those comparing to other offers (like me), this does NOT include transportation to and from the cruise port.

check this site

post 22

there is a comparaison that incluse transportation to & from port

You call Secaucus taxi from hotel to port imperial $30.00 + 9.00 per persons to take ferry and the ship is walking distance and there is picture of the hotel port imperial and the gem

• 2 weeks later...
Does the $280 stay/park / cruise deal at the Hilton in Ridgefield park NJ include transportation back to the hotel at the end of the cruise? Thanks Carol and others.

This package is a new offering and is supposed to include parking and round trip transportation for $280. Call the hotel directly during the day during the week to confirm.

I just booked this Hilton, so I sure hope there is no bed bug issues.

Can you come back and update how it was? How you found the hotel and shuttle etc. Any details would be greatly appreciated. We don't go until November so I have some time and this sounds exactly like what we are looking for.

We are coming from Bangor Maine area (actually Canada) but figured you would know Bangor better. We could stay outside of the area and then drive in during the morning but not familiar with the area and driving around NY, so not sure where to stay or how much time we would need to get around. Also, if there were hotels that are outside the area that have park and stay?

Please share how you made out as we too are coming from Canada (New Brunswick) and will be our first time driving to NYC. Any details/do's and don'ts you can give me when you return would be GREATLY appreciated. Have a great trip.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got off the Gem on Thursday. We travelled from NB to NY. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in NJ for $259. It included one night stay, 10 days parking and they paid for the taxi to and from the terminal. I thought that was a pretty decent deal. Nice hotel too.