Comedy and Kids on NCL Escape

tmdl20

On the Carnival Pride, there were two comedy shows hosted each night. The early one was family-friendly and the late one was adults only.

We are on the Norwegian Escape this time and are wondering if they offer the same with their comedy shows. Experience, anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tmdl20

On the Carnival Pride, there were two comedy shows hosted each night. The early one was family-friendly and the late one was adults only.

We are on the Norwegian Escape this time and are wondering if they offer the same with their comedy shows. Experience, anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Yes there will be a family show and announcements will be made before the risque' ones so you can decide if it is something you don't mind your children seeing.

We attended the family comedy show on Getaway a couple years ago. The only thing "family friendly" about it was that the performer didn't cuss. He addressed the fact several times that he wasn't cussing. Other than that, the material was entirely adult, even mock humping having sex against various objects all over the stage.

(Don't get me wrong, he was hilarious, but his idea of family friendly and mine were different. Of course, these comedians change all the time - like every couple weeks - and obviously the performances will vary entirely based on that.)

I seriously doubt there is anything family friendly about the earlier shows. We only went to the late show on Getaway and it was EXTREMELY vulgar with regard to sex and cursing. Look, I'm not a prude at all and almost nothing offends me but it was non-stop vulgar and nasty, it wasn't even enjoyable. One would think that NCL would have comedians that appeal to a broad audience. A skilled comedian can be funny without resorting to extreme vulgarity. This was a HUGE disappointment on Getaway. Don't waste your time. Get a drink or coffee and go outside and enjoy the ocean breeze instead.

I seriously doubt there is anything family friendly about the earlier shows. We only went to the late show on Getaway and it was EXTREMELY vulgar with regard to sex and cursing. Look, I'm not a prude at all and almost nothing offends me but it was non-stop vulgar and nasty, it wasn't even enjoyable. One would think that NCL would have comedians that appeal to a broad audience. A skilled comedian can be funny without resorting to extreme vulgarity. This was a HUGE disappointment on Getaway. Don't waste your time. Get a drink or coffee and go outside and enjoy the ocean breeze instead.

The whole "don't waste your time" thing ignores the fact that these comedians change every couple weeks. No reason whatsoever to think that someone else's experience on their cruise will be the same as yours, because it's pretty likely that it will be different comedians.

The whole "don't waste your time" thing ignores the fact that these comedians change every couple weeks. No reason whatsoever to think that someone else's experience on their cruise will be the same as yours, because it's pretty likely that it will be different comedians.

That's a given... that the comedians change and maybe the quality varies. But someone at NCL is responsible for screening and choosing comedians for the ship. They obviously did not do their job for our cruise in Nov. 2014. There's a broad audience attending these shows. If I go, I'd be prepared to walk out if no good. I'm not paying money to go on a cruise ship on the beautiful ocean to hear some cheap comedian joke about having sex with animals or in the anus, dropping the "F" bomb every 2 seconds, and making fun of people in the audience. Thought I was at the Walmart of comedy clubs.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

Thanks in advance.

We were on the Escape for the Dec 12 cruise and we took our daughter (8 yr old) to the Levity Comedy Show (7 PM - early show). The show was very family friendly. The comedian, Mark Klein, was very funny. He had jokes about their dogs that my daughter loved. My family enjoyed the show.

Our daughter also went to the comedy show last year when we were on the Breakaway and we also had a lot of fun.

That's a given... that the comedians change and maybe the quality varies. But someone at NCL is responsible for screening and choosing comedians for the ship. They obviously did not do their job for our cruise in Nov. 2014. There's a broad audience attending these shows. If I go, I'd be prepared to walk out if no good. I'm not paying money to go on a cruise ship on the beautiful ocean to hear some cheap comedian joke about having sex with animals or in the anus, dropping the "F" bomb every 2 seconds, and making fun of people in the audience. Thought I was at the Walmart of comedy clubs.

Funny thing is, I don't come to this forum to hear about those things either, but there you go. :rolleyes:

We were on the Escape for the Dec 12 cruise and we took our daughter (8 yr old) to the Levity Comedy Show (7 PM - early show). The show was very family friendly. The comedian, Mark Klein, was very funny. He had jokes about their dogs that my daughter loved. My family enjoyed the show.

Our daughter also went to the comedy show last year when we were on the Breakaway and we also had a lot of fun.

Glad to hear that, maybe we will try when the comedy show 1st opens.

Funny thing is, I don't come to this forum to hear about those things either, but there you go. :rolleyes:

Sorry, not trying to offend... just telling my experience with a late show which was the original poster's question. It really was that bad and I did complain to NCL about it. Hopefully, people had better experiences than I did... or at least inquire on ship about the comedy club before taking children.