Pillows

Jane1614

Is it possible to get extra pillows? I have a back problem, and have to put pillows under my knees during my sleep. Can the extra pillows be pre arranged? Also, are they feather or synthetic? I know, I'm fussy about my pillows. Just wondering.

I wouldn't worry about trying to pre-request ... just ask your steward on the first day. I'm sure he can get you as many as you like. (We have pre-requested that the bed be split into twins a half dozen times and have yet to find it done when we first enter the room.)

I wouldn't worry about trying to pre-request ... just ask your steward on the first day. I'm sure he can get you as many as you like. (We have pre-requested that the bed be split into twins a half dozen times and have yet to find it done when we first enter the room.)

That is one of my pet peeve gripes at Holland. Have requested over and over for 10 cruises or so that beds be arranged as two twins as two men traveling together. NOT ONE TIME have we arrived to find twin beds....and since we have usually flown overnght or very long way (from Hawaii) it sure would be nice to be able to take a NAP upon arrival instead of having to go look for steward and often wait several hours for him to fix the beds.

Years ago Holland ALWAYS asked what bed configuration you wanted and GOT IT RIGHT.

Why the heck with a zillion computers they can't give the room stewards a printout of requested bed configurations so the steward doesn't have to do it twice is a mystery to me. Would cost them NOTHING , save double work AND make for happy guests.

Every cruise i write the same comment to HAL but NOTHING CHANGES.

If anyone from HAL reads this can you PLEASE make this simple change???????

Extra pillows are also necessary for me and when I asked for a few extra pillows on the 1st day, the steward brought about 6 or 7 so I could choose which I wanted. Felt like Yoko Ono who used to have tons of pillows in her hotel rooms...

Do feel for you about your beds but must be luck of the draw as have lots of HAL cruises under my belt and have only had to have the beds split twice when requested twins.

That is one of my pet peeve gripes at Holland. Have requested over and over for 10 cruises or so that beds be arranged as two twins as two men traveling together. NOT ONE TIME have we arrived to find twin beds....and since we have usually flown overnght or very long way (from Hawaii) it sure would be nice to be able to take a NAP upon arrival instead of having to go look for steward and often wait several hours for him to fix the beds.

Years ago Holland ALWAYS asked what bed configuration you wanted and GOT IT RIGHT.

Why the heck with a zillion computers they can't give the room stewards a printout of requested bed configurations so the steward doesn't have to do it twice is a mystery to me. Would cost them NOTHING , save double work AND make for happy guests.

Right on Dockman!!! I am with you on this. I really feel bad for the cabin stewards as it just makes extra work for them. I usually travel solo, so I like the beds put together. More often than not, I arrive to find them separated. Like what would I be doing with a separate bed if I'm alone? Sigh. It just wears you out.

Why do they ask what bed figuration you want if they are not going to use the information.

I have always gotten what I have asked for. Usually twins, but sometimes the Queen depending on the room configuration.

Is it possible to get extra pillows? I have a back problem, and have to put pillows under my knees during my sleep. Can the extra pillows be pre arranged? Also, are they feather or synthetic? I know, I'm fussy about my pillows. Just wondering.

DH is allergic to feathers so I always take the pillowcases off and check the tags, it's the only way I can be certain. Usually I can feel for the crinkliness of the feathers but I got fooled once and he got all congested. I think it's ok to be fussy about pillows, and I too need one for my knees. A cruise without comfort just isn't as much fun. m--

Why do they ask what bed figuration you want if they are not going to use the information?
I think part of the problem is the "stateroom direct" program rush to get all cabins ready for 11:30 boarding. I believe the stewards may get the notice to split the bed but tend to leave them however the previous occupants had them, until later on in the day.

I think part of the problem is the "stateroom direct" program rush to get all cabins ready for 11:30 boarding. I believe the stewards may get the notice to split the bed but tend to leave them however the previous occupants had them, until later on in the day.

But that simply results in the steward having to make the same bed/s TWICE...wouldn't it be better to just get it right the first time? When the guest leaves they always strip the beds down anyway ...i can't imagine it takes even an extra two minutes to separate a queen into two twins or vice versa? That is a lot more efficient than having to come back again mid afternoon and redo what they just did that morning.

Less work overall and a happy guest would seem to be more sensible.

Perhaps one day I will be pleasantly surprised to find the beds as requested upon arrival.

Once when we were in an SA, while waiting to disembark the ship, a man and a woman came into the cabin to change the sheets and make the bed. They were not our cabin stewards.

I have no idea who they were. They pulled a pre-made package of sheets and towels out from under the bed and only changed the bed they did not change the towels since we were still in the cabin.