Logistics for Celebrity Alaska Package?

lreinstein

Hi,

My wife Anne and I are doing our second cruise ever ... last year we cruised on the Celebrity Silhouette out of Venice.

We have signed up for the #3B ground package from Anchorage prior to the May 20 sailing on Millennium

I would appreciate it if some of you more experienced cruisers could answer a few logistics (perhaps dumb) questions... or at least direct me to the proper forum if this isn't it.

Thanks in advance,

Larry.

1. The first night of the package is at the Anchorage Marriott (May 16) prior to the Denali tour. Is it OK if we arrive from the East Coast that same day, that is on May 16 (around 2PM). Or is it advisable to arrive a day before?

2. What is done about baggage.? We will probably want a small bag for the pre-cruise excursion but larger bags for the cruise itself. Do we need to drag all the bags on the pre-cruise ground tour or will Celebrity take care of them and send them to the ship?

3. Are there any must-do/must see excursions that you can recommend?

4. How do we sign up for the connections party?

Thanks again

1. You are probably fine to arrive the first day. If you arrive the day before, you will have to pay for the hotel.

2. Baggage is easy. Pack your cruise stuff all together. Pack for the land tour in separate bag. They will ask you which bags can be stored for the cruise and which bags are needed for the land tour. All the cruise bags will go with you on the bus. If you mess up (I did), they will drag your cruise bag out for you.