Reservations for dinner, shows, etc

scott_gallant

Good Morning,

We are excited to sail with NCL for the first time after sailing solely with CCL.

This is our first experience with making reservations for shows, etc. Today marks 90 days to our sail date, and I do see more options in my booking than I did yesterday, but still very limited.

For example, I can only see Burn the Floor for the 2nd night, and Illusinarium for the 1st and 2nd night. Nothing else is available to book.

From your experience, when should everything be there? Will everything else show up too (comedy, other dining options, Legally Blonde, etc)Just want to make the most informed decision.

Also, is Illusinarum included in the dining packages? For some reason I thought it was for the 1st night only, but I'm not sure how to go about this in advance.

Thank you,

Scott

I was on the Breakaway last week on what was probably the busiest cruise of the year. It always seemed that nobody ever got shut out of any show (including the Second City shows in the smaller Headliners area). We attended a few of the Second City going stand by and had no issues getting in. I would still make reservations but I would not be too concerned about not getting into a performance (we tended to attend the second performances of the night after 9:00 PM) if your plans change and you can't make one of your reservation times.

Also, is Illusinarum included in the dining packages? For some reason I thought it was for the 1st night only, but I'm not sure how to go about this in advance.

Very specifically, if you booked something called an Ultimate Dining Package a year ago (i.e. you have 7 nights of free specialty dining), then the Illusionarium is included with your package. If you booked more recently and got a Specialty Dining Package (of less than 7 nights (4 nights)), then it is not.

If you think you have an Ultimate Dining Package, the only way to book your free first night show is through reservations. You will need to be a bit insistent that you get the free show. The reservation agent will need to get a supervisor to override the cost of the show and add it to your reservation.

The free promotions have changed over time and the frequency that reservations has to deal with the older promotions is growing a lot less. So finding an agent that actually knows that the illutionarium should be free for the old package is getting less likely.