Getting back from Brewers Bay.

sugarplum2

Hi

We're in Tortola with NCL Escape in a couple of weeks time. We're thinking of going over to Brewers Bay for some snorkeling. My concern doing a trip ourselves is getting back to the ship. Does anyone know if we are likely to experience problems getting a taxi back from Brewers Bay? Do taxis need to be pre booked or is there always plenty available?

Many thanks for any replies - it'll be the first time we've gone off on our own in port!!

Yes I'm glad you are seeing some of Tortola, she is a beautiful island, and Brewers is a great choice! Your driver will coordinate a return for you, they often don't ask for the fare until you're back at the port.

No worries getting a taxi at the dock, you will be directed to a taxi going there, and the fare should not be more than $8pp each way. There are also nice island tours offered by drivers at reasonable prices if interested.

Have a great day on our favorite island!:)

Yes, if a driver says he will return they are pretty reliable. If something comes up that driver will have another driver come for you. They do this everyday, and except for CGB they usually don't charge you until you're back at the dock. Taxis also stop in, and you could always have Nicole's beach bar call you a taxi as well. I'd be concerned if you were goping to a more secluded beach like Smuggler's Cove or Long Bay, Beef Island. But this is one of the beaches frequented by day visitors and the taxis go there regularly.

Enjoy!

We were at Brewer's a week ago. While our taxi came back for us at the appointed time, i noted many other taxis there looking for customers. Also would note that at the new pier there was a welcome /tourist stand that was extremely helpful in getting groups together to go to the beaches. It was all very quick and efficient and we were pleasantly surprised. Also loved Brewer's and will go back again next time

We were at Brewer's a week ago. While our taxi came back for us at the appointed time, i noted many other taxis there looking for customers. Also would note that at the new pier there was a welcome /tourist stand that was extremely helpful in getting groups together to go to the beaches. It was all very quick and efficient and we were pleasantly surprised. Also loved Brewer's and will go back again next time

Thanks for the update! Yes the staff at the pier is very nice and it's great to hear that feedback.

• 8 months later...

Hi, We are going on the same ship (NCL Escape) in a couple months and we were thinking of doing the same thing on our port day in Tortola. (going on our own to Brewers Bay) Would you be willing to share your experience? How long did it take to get there? How long did you stay? Did you have any trouble getting back to the ship in time? What was your experience at Brewers Bay? Thank you!