Shonky Tactics by Celebrity

Kruser Karl

We received an Email offering Perks on sailings world wide and selected a 14 night Aus coast and Bali cruise ending in Singapore where the Solstice will spend a week in dry dock for maintenance.

When booking was told this cruise did not attract any perks as it was a repositioning cruise, we argued that this is not a true repositioning cruise and they came back with an offer of one perk and if another was wanted a cost of $20.00 PPPD. Would apply.

We declined their offer and directly after the call we noticed that the web site had been changed . Nowhere in the email or on their web site is this cruise called repositioning. Shonky behaviour seems you can't trust Celebrity.

ImageUploadedByForums1451969311.062178.jpg.1f9675ed0bb5baf121adb82c34514367.jpg

Cruises where ships are finishing on a port for drydock have been considered repositioning in the past. Your rude comment is out of line. If you did not like their offer then you simply should not have booked. Suggesting a phone rep could change the description in the web site is silly. Even the computer techs at Celebrity cannot get the web site to function correctly. LOL

It may well have been a repositioning cruise but it was offered in the email and as such it should have been honoured . I don't believe my comments were rude , or out of line but I suppose it depends on how where. you were brought up.

As for the changing of the web site I never claimed it was the phone rep who did this I merely commented that it had been changed within minutes of me hanging up the phone I have photographic proof ( screen shots ) as we all know a picture is worth a thousand words.

Well, where I live in the U.S. all pricing and perks and sailings are subject to change without advance notice or consideration, only if we have not paid in full usually. When pricing goes down, it is possible to receive some consideration(s).

Yes, I can get mad about it, but can I tell them what a cruise is, rather re-positioning or not? After all, it is X's definitions which really count, right?

bon voyage