Grandeur onboard activities...what are they?

On Royal Caribbean's website, when you look for onboard activities, you see amazing things like ice skating rinks, flowriders, Northstar, Ripcord, SeaPlex, Zipline, etc. Wow! However, most of these things are on the newer, larger ships, and not on Grandeur, right? I called RCCL this morning to ask if there is somewhere on their website where I can find out the specific activities (such as mini-golf, shuffleboard) available onboard Grandeur of the Seas. Her reply was, "You'll have to wait until you get on the ship."

So I turn to you, the experts, with the same question: What specific activities will I find onboard Grandeur of the Seas? My question is about things with physical facilities or equipment, like mini-golf, shuffleboard, swimming pools, arcade, table tennis, rock climbing wall or a walking track, not activities led by the Entertainment team like a "Sexiest man Competition" (of which I'm sure there will be many).

Thank you in advance!

Grandeur is one of Royal's older ships and it lacks some of the features of the newer ships. It doesn't have mini-golf, a flow rider or water slides. However it does have an indoor and outdoor pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, a rock climbing wall, an outdoor movie screen, ping pong tables, shuffleboard, a walking track and a promenade deck. It has an arcade for the teens.

they have entertainment in the theatre and in the centrum in the evenings such as bands, the RC singers and dancers, comedians, etc. They also have the centrum aerialist show that they do if the sea conditions are appropriate.... and you have the trivia, bingo, QUEST, karaoke, etc that goes on....

we haven't been on Grandeur yet but I have "studied" the compasses over the past year on here that other post....

I don't think I will have problems finding things to enjoy

Thank you, everyone. Your replies will help me manage my family's expectations about what is and is not available since they are already asking the "is there an ice rink on the ship?"-type questions and I was having a hard time answering the questions before your help.

For the poster who said you've been studying the Compasses, do you have a link that you can share so I can look at some too? We'll be on the 10-night Eastern Caribbean itinerary and I'm hoping there will be many planned activities since I really enjoy having the choice to be busy (especially on sea days). We've mostly cruised on Carnival since our children were born (due to cost and very young childcare availability), but I've found that over time it seems the amount of activities on that line has decreased and more of them are profit related (i.e. Bingo, spa talks to sell you something, shopping "sales"). I'm hoping that RCCL will have more going on.

Thank you, everyone. Your replies will help me manage my family's expectations about what is and is not available since they are already asking the "is there an ice rink on the ship?"-type questions and I was having a hard time answering the questions before your help.

For the poster who said you've been studying the Compasses, do you have a link that you can share so I can look at some too? We'll be on the 10-night Eastern Caribbean itinerary and I'm hoping there will be many planned activities since I really enjoy having the choice to be busy (especially on sea days). We've mostly cruised on Carnival since our children were born (due to cost and very young childcare availability), but I've found that over time it seems the amount of activities on that line has decreased and more of them are profit related (i.e. Bingo, spa talks to sell you something, shopping "sales"). I'm hoping that RCCL will have more going on.

I don't have a copy of the Compasses, but I did a quick search and found a thread here that had a seven-day Bahamas set of Compasses. Looking it over, it had very similar activities that my eight-day cruise had. I would bet the activities would be similar.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2219681&highlight=grandeur

RCCL had plenty going on on the Grandeur when I sailed last November to entertain two twenty somethings. We get bored pretty easily, but still had a great time. If you remember you're on vacation, and go in without the expectation of ice rink, water slides, etc. you will have a great time!

I don't have links to any of them...I just look for them on CC.... we are doing a 10 day western this April :)

very laid back ship with not much to do IMO. ive been on her 3 times and got off back in Dec of 2015. staff is very good but i only travel on grandeur if i see a good deal.

i mean one of the daily activities is a spelling bee, lol. im sure some people enjoy it but its not something that comes to my mind when i think vacation.

i also think the cruise directors ive seen on the ship have the same laid back demeanor, not much energy from them...

but like i said if the price is right it wouldn't deter me from going on her again...

Edited by Aintnofun007