Golden Princess Review/Blog - 21 Dec to 3 Jan - Accessible Cabin E716

Well another cruise holiday is over so I have started writing the blog which you can follow here:

http://www.travellingkellys.blogspot.com

Day one is the trip from NZ to Melbourne

Day two is embarkation of Golden Princess and Cabin / Stateroom E716

I will be posting more on the actual cruise in due course.

Happy to answer any questions

Look forward to reading about your experiences. Black writing on dark blue is a little hard to read though - maybe my phone. Sorry I failed to catch up with anyone from CC.

Sorry we missed meeting you. We had about half turn up to both get togethers and we kept in touch throughout the cruise which was nice - except for John who unfortunately had to get off at Tauranga for medical reasons.

I am sorry I missed the meet ups too - I had the second one scheduled but something conflicted. We were travelling in a party of ten which kept us busy.

I read about John's escapade :( Definitely gives one pause for thought. I wonder too how that poor person who was taken offat Milford Sound fared.

Your blog is much easier to read on the desktop. On my mobile it has a dark blue background and very hard to read the black font :(

Look forward to reading about the rest of your experiences.

regards

Anne

Great to hear you had a great time. I'm curious to understand the following. Now Golden and soon Emerald Princess are based in Australia for a season are they following the Sun, Sea, Dawn (Australian Umbrella). I.e tipping is incorporated in the cruise fare (no on board tipping) and the currency is AUD? or are they still under the International brand with customary automatic tipping and USD currency?

Great to hear you had a great time. I'm curious to understand the following. Now Golden and soon Emerald Princess are based in Australia for a season are they following the Sun, Sea, Dawn (Australian Umbrella). I.e tipping is incorporated in the cruise fare (no on board tipping) and the currency is AUD? or are they still under the International brand with customary automatic tipping and USD currency?

Good news Chris.

Onboard currency is AUD, Prices on board and fares are inclusive of gratuities.

Also recommend you don't purchase drinks package on line or coffee card as these were cheaper onboard - go figure!

Good news Chris.

Also recommend you don't purchase drinks package on line or coffee card as these were cheaper onboard - go figure!

dam wish i knew that before i went darn it [coffee card and drink package that is]

Edited by Hawka

Good news Chris.

It could be if these items are purchased ahead of time the amount paid has to include GST. Does the amount charged work out that way?

I have completed more of my blog from 21 - 27th December.

If it amazing how much time it takes.

The next installment will cover 28th December to 3 January (hopefully)!

Thank you for writing. Brings it back. The magician was terrific.