ROLL CALL: Radisson Seven Seas Voyager 12/5-12/05

gomonty

My partner and I will be on the cruise as well. This will be our second Radisson cruise, but first on the Voyager, and we are looking forward to it. We're meeting up with a friend who is traveling solo. Glad to know other family will be on board. We'll have to plan a get-together.

I am the solo passenger.....gee that makes 5 family...wonderful. Maybe if I find someone to drag along I can even things out. I figure there might be just one to meet on the Atlantis mexico cruise sailing this month.

This is my 4th Radisson cruise (second time on the Voyager)......cant wait.

Doc Tom, tell Bill we are going caving in Puerto Rico........fabulous.

This trip cant get here quick enough....my favorite line!!!!!

Tom,

It looks like Radisson has taken the Camuy cave tour off their excursion list for our cruise.:( Makes sense though, since the ship doesn't dock until 1PM, and the cave park closes at 4PM. Oh well, Bill and I will have to spelunk on our own! What else can we do for fun in Puerto Rico?

This will be our first RSSC cruise. We were scheduled to go on the Navigator in January, but alas, it caught fire. So I had to fly home from FLL without my cruise. :-(

So they moved us to this one. We hate chocolate, but are looking forward to it...especially since I will celebrate my 30th birthday on the ship!

I am a cruise agent and my partner works for Crystal, so we cruise a good 4-5 times a year.

I am very excited there will be others onboard. We will have to connect and maybe have a big birthday party for ME! :-)

JASON.

I think we should a birthday party for sure......

So someone works for Crystal.......I have many questions ....so be prepared to be asked. It is one of the few lines I have not sailed on...but am looking closely at the Serenity.

Tom...no cave????????? We shall have to find something...there are a lot of people here from PR and I have contacts in Arecibo from work who can suggest something. If not its off to the nasty Atlantic hotel for beverages and people watching...

A birthday party sounds great. We may also be celebrating my partner's decision to quit his job and become a househusband.

We're also wishy-washy about the chocolate thing. I'm just looking forward to being on a nice ship in a warm place (we live in Connecticut) with some freindly people.

Tom

Crystal808,

Glad to see you'll be sailing with us on the Voyager. You will be in for a treat if you've never experienced Radisson. Whalebone is currently winging his way to San Diego for the Atlantis Mexican Riviera cruise. Otherwise I'm sure he'd respond as well. We should all plan to meet onboard, or perhaps the night before in Ft. Lauderdale.

Tom

Hi Tom:

Thanks for the welcome! I'll have to meet up on-board as I got a direct flight the morning of. (managed to get the last seat available!) Maybe we'll pre-plan something, somewhere! Celebrating birthdays, a newly-decided "househusband"...or just meeting new friends on a warm cruise sounds good to me!

Paul [assumes Capt. T has already got his sights on a furry, balding "catch"!]

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Woo-Hoo, indeed! DHL just came by...had delivered my package somewhere else.... Hmmm. Oh, well, it was pristine...and the Dance begins!

Great to have the docs before I go to PV Saturday!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having an adult beverage or two with new friends!

Paul :D

You your package was misplaced...the shame of it all.....

I want pictures from PV.........

make sure to include one of you so we can all find you when we board the Voyager.

I am thinking the pool bar for a meeting place after boarding.

Gomonty...expect you and yours to be there as well with a smile on your face. I will have the fantabulous boys from Connecticut there having a bon voy aggeee beverage. I hope Nicky is working that bar.....a great Frenchman that sweats all the time and has been known to wear some festive undies from what I have been told.....but a nice guy.

If the South African bartender is in the Observation lounge....be prepared for a real beauty........even if he has a full head of hair........what a shame.

I did notice there was a posting on the other web site by Peter who has also booked this voyage as a solo just like me and 808....so that makes 2 couples and 3 singles that I know of. Wonder who else is going??????

I want pictures from PV.........

make sure to include one of you so we can all find you when we board the Voyager.

You're on! I just hope I find what "we're" looking for! LOL

I am thinking the pool bar for a meeting place after boarding.

Sounds good to me...we'll need to work Nicky hard! :-)

If the South African bartender is in the Observation lounge....be prepared for a real beauty........even if he has a full head of hair........what a shame.

:eek: We can always make allowances..... :D

Paul

Cruise a thon...who is the TA? I get Joel Abels news paper...Cruise News and see the adds for those gatherings. Will be in Ft lauderdale the night before the cruise....ususally stay at Pinapple Point but for one night I booked the Mariott Marina. The guys from Conn and I are going out to dinner that Sunday night...can you join us or maybe meet for a beverage? Drinks are nice up on top of the Pier 66 rotating lounge.....just an idea...then off to dinner at a festive gay place.

Tom

I'm the TA and the partner works for Crystal. So in our house, we've got both the supplier and retailer perspective. Makes for some interesting conversations.

I'm staying that the Marriott Marina for the conference, but I think he wants to go to the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood for a few nights too. So we're still unclear where we're eventually staying.

What kind of suite do you have on the ship?

I am in an G cat, #650.

having sailed on this ship, I know I will be very happy with the accomodations. I am amazed that she is going to be redecorated in the near future........she lloks fine to me, unless she is showing wear which I highy doubt.

I must admit though, as quirky as the navigator is...I think I like her even better. She does need some redecorating, the colors were bland, but the stars bar was fabo at night. I loved the long low rectanular windows...mad me think of a train with an art deco touch.

So partner works for Crystal............I must speak with him and get an idea whether I should try them.

Are you bringing formal wear? Perhaps on formal night we could have a party...and dinner in one of the specialty restaurants........

you and yours, Tom and Bill, Paul, me and there is a guy named peter on the other board (C....mates) that supposedly booked. Thats a nice size group for a party.

I cant wait to soak in the tub in my cabin sipping a beverage ...a cosmo, or something festive........ah the good life.

In PV this week, working on my tan, so as not to offend the tan-conscious!

Sounds like a party is in order, either formal or casual....

Tom: is there room for two in those tubs? :)

Paul (seeking out furry, follicly-challenged gentlemen in PV):D

If you have too good a time in PV, you will be in no shape to par tay on the Voyager. Besides...I have dibs on all bald guys in this cruise....you can have the rest. If Ralph is head of security...watch out...he is a tough one...tooo bad he is not on our team.....I nick named him stud muffin on the Navigator...it spread throughout the crew.....what fun.

Cant wait to get on board where I know I belong......like my Radisson.

Paul...pictures of yu in PV...where are they.....?

What is the crowd like? Attitude?

Any old farts like me?

Resort? any good? Whats the beach like...water warm??????

Tan.........you cannot have a tan when you board if the rest of us are not....unfair unfair........stay in doors.....only venture out after the sun goes down...pretend you are a Mexican vampire....LOL

Unbelievably, I left my digi cam in my bedroom...remembered while I was at the airport. So much for checklists.... I bought a disposable to have with me. I'm afraid photos will have to wait a little....

Plenty of cross-section here, including "old farts" like US. Lots of friends travelling together (but not me!) Right now, there's a T-dance outside my patio; can't understand how gentlemen of any age can dance to hours of the absolute same disco beat. But many are! (again, not me!)

Plenty of eye candy. Can't be sure about "attitude"...but I've got my eye on a couple of 'em...and you know which ones!

Spent the day doing a "Trainer-for-a-day" at a Dolphin adventure here. Had a small group of 4, spending all day. The dolphins were great, and swam with a couple of sea lions as well; a couple of the trainers were worth taking home! Woof! Alas, I am back by myself! But sweet memories, and a few fantasies...particularly when 2 of the trainers showered and dried off....oh, da' vapors! (thankyouverymuch, Tom!)

And don't worry...within another month the tan will be history. Looking forward to learning about "your" Radisson, from the man who knows! (Maybe Stud Muffin has had a change of heart!) :D

Perhaps the Vampire strikes tonight......:eek:

Looking forward to a "quiet" December cruise with new friends....

Paul :)

• 2 weeks later...

The countdown has begun, and I have started packing. We'll be at Cruise-a-Thon the week before setting sail on the Voyager. And if anyone cares, I can share where I'm registered for birthday gifts! :D

JASON.

Hi Jason:

Hard to tell! I'm thinking I'm taking a tux, and will bring a dinner jacket along as well and see how I feel.... Whalebone (Tom) is more suited to suggestions, as he has a lot of Radisson cruises under his belt (so to speak). ;)

In reality, I think you should bring what you're comfortable wearing. Tux, suit or even coat & tie.... I'm expecting that a good time will be had by all, and there's a nice hand-full of family; smiles will be most important, and surely there will be plenty of 'em!

Looking forward to seeing you there...

Paul (with a smile on his face already!) :)

Bill and I are wearing tuxes, since this will be our first cruise with a formal night, and the traditionalist in me says we need to do it. I'm thinking khakis and polo shirts for the rest of the nights.

Can't wait for this cruise, though. Two weeks from today! Did we decide where the gay folks should meet? How about the pool bar at Sail Away?

Archived