Have to cancel cruise. Always get insurance.

fig414

good point Pea. I think anytime you have a good sum of money invested, insurance is a small price to pay for peace of mind. We also purchased event insurance for our daughter's December wedding. ( had a friend whose wedding was cancelled twice... one icestorm... one tornado! icon_eek.gif, Two weeks before the wedding the organist flipped out and the photographer went out of business. Glad I spent the little that I did to get insurance. icon_smile.gif

Judy

Cruisin in July on the Golden Princess

I have seen a number of people who have had to cancel at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances and they expect the cruise line to extend them special conditions and let them take a cruise on another date. I just recently read someone lived 2 hours from port and didn't take insurance out because they didn't expect delays - well, their child was in the hospital for pneumonia and they had to cancel.

I have a difficult time understanding this and there is a part of me that sort of wishes the cruise line says no because I always buy insurance for this reason. Why should they get the same treatment with out buying insurance?

I use Travel Guard and never leave home without it--not for trip cancellation but in case of a medical emergency. You've seen in other posts what it costs to get home. It also pays to pay for your trip with a credit card. I don't know about cancellation on your part, but, if the cruise line cancels, the credit card company will refund your money.

Archived