Are the Megaships like Epic more fun?

jetter2

EPIC is the worst ship for feeling like you are on the ocean. When you are sitting in Spice 2o you don't really see much of the view. You will probably want to splurge on spa passes for your cruise. They are limited and the views from the saunas is incredible! One side is all window. Also you won't be running into any children up there. EPIC was designed so that all activity was focused towards the inside, that is why there are so few venues where you can actually see the sea.

I saw comments like this before I went on the Epic and was worried, but it's really not true. You have to pick your spot carefully in Spice but there other chances around the pool and upper decks, as well as forward.

I haven't yet sailed on NCL's smaller ships but I've been on a mid-sized P&O ship as well as Epic. I definitely preferred Epic because of all the quite different activities that were available - I was able to hop between them, whereas on the smaller ship it was pretty much one thing at a time and tough if you didn't like it.

A little off topic, but I think goes to the heart of the question.

We`ve cruzed about 20 times: CCL, RCL, Costa etc. Going on NCL Star in March

We were curious about the monster ships: I recommend trying RCL`s Allure of the Seas or her sisters. It was wild seeing inside facing balconies, as you had breakfast in Central Park with live trees and birds chirping as the center of the ship is open. We tried to do it all: ice skating shows, high-diving show off the stern, ABBA play, some wild production with people floating around. The bar that goes up and down 2 floors, the parades, a Merry-go-round, 2 surf-riders, a zipline...music Everywhere. Not for everybody, but you should try it once. The entertainment will blow you away. JMHO!

S34.JPG

Edited by TNCruzer56

I saw comments like this before I went on the Epic and was worried, but it's really not true. You have to pick your spot carefully in Spice but there other chances around the pool and upper decks, as well as forward.
I agree, the view from Spice H2O is probably quite comparable to the Biergarten that the OP enjoyed on the Star. Except for the giant screen in the middle. :p

It is true that the Epic has no panoramic lounge like some of the other ships, and the promenade deck is a sad joke because they decided to hang the lifeboats there and block the entire view of the sea…

So do the shots/drinks exceed the $11/drink allowance for the UDP?

We were in the Ice Bar and a flat fee per person included 2 drinks inside the ice bar...my hand was shaking so bad, I think i spilled most of them on the floor:rolleyes:

Nice photo op with our friends but I would never do it again...once experienced was enough for me!

The Epic is a lot of fun...different vibe imo than on a smaller ship. We have fun on them all!

Have fun:)

We were in the Ice Bar and a flat fee per person included 2 drinks inside the ice bar...my hand was shaking so bad, I think i spilled most of them on the floor:rolleyes:

Nice photo op with our friends but I would never do it again...once experienced was enough for me!

The Epic is a lot of fun...different vibe imo than on a smaller ship. We have fun on them all!

Have fun:)

We thought the ice bar was underwhelming.

A little off topic, but I think goes to the heart of the question.

We`ve cruzed about 20 times: CCL, RCL, Costa etc. Going on NCL Star in March

We were curious about the monster ships: I recommend trying RCL`s Allure of the Seas or her sisters. It was wild seeing inside facing balconies, as you had breakfast in Central Park with live trees and birds chirping as the center of the ship is open. We tried to do it all: ice skating shows, high-diving show off the stern, ABBA play, some wild production with people floating around. The bar that goes up and down 2 floors, the parades, a Merry-go-round, 2 surf-riders, a zipline...music Everywhere. Not for everybody, but you should try it once. The entertainment will blow you away. JMHO!

S34.JPG

This is defiantly on the "to do" list. We cruise over Xmas and with it being on a Sunday this year, our schedules were way more limited.

I had a blast on 2500 capacity ships, this will be a first for us. If we like the mega ships, we can always sail more :)

It seems that is the way the industry is trending anyways.