Any suggestions for possible Queasy stomachs ??

Kahhli

I'm a huge fan of Bonine (in Canada it's called Bonamine). Tried it on our first cruise and have not had a problem since. When seas are particularly rough (one day and evening we had 17 - 25 foot swells), I simply take a second tablet.

If you are concerned about any drowsiness, take it at night - then there is nothing to worry about; you're asleep!

Green apples - if you look on the room service menu, there are items for people suffering from "Mal de Mer", and one of the items listed is green apples, along with clear broth and soda crackers. We asked our cabin steward about the apples and he told us that most of the crew munches on green apples when they're in rough seas.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Eating will not help true motion sickness, since it is related to inner ear distubances that trigger the nausea response in the brain. Try Meclizine (OTC dramamine-nondrowsy) or prescription Scopalamine patches - wrist bands work in some people also.

i cheated and came to the last post here, so if this is a repeat im sorry.

i always take a bonine the morning before the day of the cruise and each morning '' religiously '' for a few days into the cruise. after that i do not need it unless they are predicting rough waters, then i take it again. i have found that if the bonine is in my system before i even get on the ship it prevents any upset stomach for me. and i also drink alcholol with it. of course i do not recommend this for everyone, but i have never had a side effect from doing it. i hope you have gotten some great ideas here.

Ginger all the way! I use to use all the meds you could think of, of course I didn't enjoy myself much since I was sleepy. I have terrible motion sickness, this past cruise I used Ginger (I THINK, it's 3 at each meal maybe) and never once did I feel sick. Works wonders.

Archived