Cozumel with 4 & 7 year old

Holldoll777

Playa Mia beach club is very popular with families - beach, pool, kiddie water park, lots of package options for food and drinks.

Paradise Beach is a large pay-as-you-go beach club ($3 adult admission) with a nice beach, HUGE pool, good food/drinks/service and great facilities.

Chankanaab Marine park has dolphins and other sea animal shows along with the opportunity to swim with/touch the dolphins (your two may be too young), plus a pool, beach, etc. Admission is about $20/adult.

Bring your car/booster seat to give you flex to taxi where you want -- you can do all of these on your own cheaper than through the cruise line. ;)

How far is the drive to Playa Mia from the port? I don't think I'm taking our car seats, as I have nowhere to put a convertible and booster. I'm still debating though. If you go through Playa Mia for transportation, so they have car seats or is it a bus?

What options do I have if we don't take car seats? I think my daughter would love this!

Depending slightly upon which pier - there are three cruise ship piers on Coz, be sure you return to the correct one! :eek: --the ride to Playa Mia takes about 15 minutes.

If you book transport as part of the package - either through your cruise line or through Playa Mia you should be on a bus where car seats are not required. Travel in a taxi on your own and you'll need car seats.

we went to Playa mia last year with our then 6 and 3 year old. It wasnt far from Punta Langosta (maybe 15 minutes?). The kids area was fun, but the water was COLD. So, they ended up in the pool by the eating area and played on the playground when they got too cold (the sand on the playground was hot).

• 2 weeks later...
How far is the drive to Playa Mia from the port? I don't think I'm taking our car seats, as I have nowhere to put a convertible and booster. I'm still debating though. If you go through Playa Mia for transportation, so they have car seats or is it a bus?

What options do I have if we don't take car seats? I think my daughter would love this!

Not sure how old your kid is, but we may use inflatable boosters for our 4 year old twins (either that or the bottom from our high back booster, which is separate able). But the inflatable is easier to pack.

The one we have is called BumbleBum

https://www.bubblebum.co/us/

Not sure how old your kid is, but we may use inflatable boosters for our 4 year old twins (either that or the bottom from our high back booster, which is separate able). But the inflatable is easier to pack.

The one we have is called BumbleBum

https://www.bubblebum.co/us/

What a great product - why didn't I think of that? :confused: