Carnival 2.0 Upgrades Thought?

Alaskabride

I am just curious to see if anyone feels the same way I do. One thing that I really enjoy about cruising is exploring different ships & their amenities. I really don't understand why Carnival is making all of their ships with identical features. I would prefer each ship to be a new experience. What are your thoughts?

I understand in principal, however there are some things that we wouldn't want to sail without now.

So we only decided to do the Magic because she will be receiving the 2.0 to bring her in line with Breeze.

Every ship is unique, it its feel, vibe and look. Even Identical sister ships.

So while I understand every ship might just be to cookie cutter in look, I think the 2.0 upgrades, some of them, make Carnival what they are. And I rather keep that.

Edited by Trumpster

I could see different amenities on the ships, as long as they were considered "equal." For instance, give some ships Guys Burgers and other ships "Steve's" Burgers of the same quality but some variations to Guys. People would still have their favorite of the two, but still equal. And do this for other restaurants as well, or other amenities. Otherwise, I think most people want their ship to have a Guys Burger and Blue iguana compared to not.

I am just curious to see if anyone feels the same way I do. One thing that I really enjoy about cruising is exploring different ships & their amenities. I really don't understand why Carnival is making all of their ships with identical features. I would prefer each ship to be a new experience. What are your thoughts?

Carnival is a brand and knowing what you're going to get is a selling point.

Taken to the extreme, McDonald's or Subway are all almost identical. At least in the US with only minor differences. Knowing what you're going to get is that selling point.

If Carnival isn't exactly the "brand" you're looking for all of the time, then the diversity comes from Princess, Holland, Costa, etc... within CCL. Or outside CCL with the other cruise lines.

I think 2.0 is just a very small part of what makes these ships. And most of the upgrades they do for 2.0 are truly upgrades, things that cruisers would far prefer to have than not.

Carnival is much like the other lines, in that each ship is going to have many of the same venues, but the class of ship will determine the layout and exactly what features it does or doesn't have.

One great example is the Serenety deck. Most ships have them now, but depending on the class, they are far different experiences. The serenity deck on the Fantasy, Dream and Sunshine are all vastly different. Same concept, but very different areas.