Better to Send a Complaint by email or Snail Mail?

yogimax

We are D+, but have never complained about any of our sailings. Sure there were small things, but that is life.

I do want to send a comment/concern, however, regarding our horrendous debarkation from Independence. It was a slow torture with people dragging suitcases down three flights of stairs.

How are you going to get the postal or e-mail address of these people that were dragging their suitcases down the stairs. Yes, it may have been an inconvenience for you to be behind one of these inconsiderate people, but I just don't see how you are going to get their contact information.

The cruise line is happy to pick up your luggage and take it to the terminal, so obviously there is no need for people to be doing this. But the reality is you can't force people to use the service, and they do have a right to carry their own luggage if that's what they really want.

I don't see that complaining about these people is going to do you much good, unless you simply want to get it off your chest.

...........oh bye the way IMO most of those I have seen self debark are in the "retired" spectrum of lifespan and probably have the luxury of time......but as it goes they seem to always be in a rush.......:cool:

As Bonnie Raitt once sang, life is mighty precious when there's less of it to waste. Spending an hour trying to get off a ship qualifies as "waste" to me...

Yup, I know.

I'm D+ also.

I know it can and does happen. An hr isn't that bad really

Sure wouldn't be crying about it to corporate

We saw it on Liberty in 2011, and I am disappointed to see that it hasn't gotten any better. Even if people only went off with a handbag, the flow of passenger traffic was inefficient and elevators were dumping other passengers out into the middle of people who had chosen to take the stairs - it was chaotic and I think dangerous. I think corporate should be made aware when the process fails. Perhaps they need to consider investing in another terminal the way they did with OA and AL so that other ships can enjoy the same smooth transition back to reality.

How are you going to get the postal or e-mail address of these people that were dragging their suitcases down the stairs. Yes, it may have been an inconvenience for you to be behind one of these inconsiderate people, but I just don't see how you are going to get their contact information.

The cruise line is happy to pick up your luggage and take it to the terminal, so obviously there is no need for people to be doing this. But the reality is you can't force people to use the service, and they do have a right to carry their own luggage if that's what they really want.

I don't see that complaining about these people is going to do you much good, unless you simply want to get it off your chest.

Please read and comprehend. I never complained about the people with suitcases. I felt sorry for them. Others snidely complained that they should not have had suitcases. My concern was for the elderly and folks with children.

it was chaotic and I think dangerous. I think corporate should be made aware when the process fails. Perhaps they need to consider investing in another terminal the way they did with OA and AL so that other ships can enjoy the same smooth transition back to reality.

Spot on!

Some of the responses here are amazing. This is clearly dangerous with people descending stairs bunched up with heavy bags. The potential for a major accident is evident. Thanks for a rational response!