San Juan Boarding!!!

mpdog42

Hi, sorry if this has been asked, but will be Boarding the Liberty in early March,

I am a New Platinum (only took 23 years) but I was wondering if any recent Cruisers had any advice on when boarding starts in the Morning. Any tips would be appreative!!! Plus I heard that there some stores between Check In/ Security and main Boarding ???;);)

Thank You Fellow Carnival Friends!!!!! :)

mike

It's been a couple of years since we sailed out of San Juan, but yes, there is a liquor store between check in and security (or at least there was).

The San Juan port can get hectic in the morning around 10 a.m. It's a walk up port similar to what any of the ports are like in the Caribbean, not at all like the ports out of Florida or other places. You can drop off your bags early...some time around 10 or 10:30. I think they started to let us in around 10:45 to actually go check in, and essentially no lines to check in since the ship is docked so long and people can essentially come at any time until around 8. We didn't board the ship until closer to noon, however.

And you can then come and go from the ship just as if you're in a port of call.

Actual boarding doesn't start until 12:00 for priority boarding and 2:30 for everyone else. You can drop off your baggage with the porters around 10:30 or 11:00. There is a large liquor store right before security. Both of my reviews below discuss the boarding process in San Juan. Happy cruising!

I arrived in SJ a few days before our cruise so on the day of sailing, we had fun enjoying a leisurely breakfast and shopping in town and went over in the afternoon to board with no lines whatsoever. I then strolled the liquor stores in the cruise terminal and bought a few items and security placed an orange tag on some people purchases of liquor , but not all. After you go through the security check and start up the crosswalk to walk up to the ship, people would place their tagged bags in their backpacks or carrying on's so the tagged bags were not in sight when they boarded the ship. Hope that helps.

We did this cruise last summer and it was a very easy boarding. The boarding started around 12 and we checked in and went to lunch on the ship. About 130 the room was ready and we dropped off the carryons. The luggage was already at the door! Then we got off the ship and walked around the forts and beautiful city. We just had our ship card and drivers license. I think I would bring my passport next time just in case we needed it. I think its the only port that allows come and go to the ship. It was my favorite cruise so far. Have fun!