Norwegian Dining Prices Changing To A La Carte--Any First Hand Reports?

vicpylon

I am taking the Norwegian Sun to Alaska in the Summer and noticed this on their website for the specialty resturaunts.

The per person price is $29.95 for sailings before 1/16/16. After this date, items on the menu will be individually priced and the charges will be incurred on board.

Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of what the prices are now? A shot of the menu would be great, but even a few anecdotes would be helpful.

Also, this makes the "pre-purchased" specialty dining plan something of a waste, unless I am missing something obvious.

Vic

Escape ala carte menus are posted on beyondships2.com and there are comments, food and menu photos on the Escape cruise pages - should come up if you search "Escape menus".

According to posters with the dining plan, you are limited to one entree but sides, apps, and dessert are unlimited. I can't comment personally as we are sailing in two weeks.

Enjoy Alaska -it is beautiful! And if you enjoy salmon, consider an excursion that includes a fresh salmon bake. It was delicious