Best Time to Book ???

IMO it just depends what you want from a holiday, for us we like a particular cabin and the AI so book early but I note that usually just after I have booked it drops then continues to go up until about a month before travel but by then all the cabins we like have gone. We booked our Sep cruise 3 months ago and could still not get our preferred cabin. Sorry can't be of much help but if you see something you like go for it!!

This year we knew which date we wanted to go and watched the price for a couple of months before booking and since booking. The price in all that time never moved more than £50pp and last week it vanished from the site so presumably sold out with none of the usual 'only one cabin remaining' warning. In the past we could have saved £100s by booking at a different time but you never know.So if you are happy with the price and can afford it,book it and dont check the price again. Who am i kidding ,we all do that, dont we?:D

It also really depends on which cruise it is, some are much more popular than others. For instance its always easy to get a bargain on the colourful coast/canarien flavour cruises as they are repeated several weeks in a row.

The adriatic ones are always popular so never go down that much in price I find.

If you book early online and get the AI then go for it, the price will come down,

however then it will not be AI :mad:

But if you are not big drinkers then maybe wait until last minute and bag bargain

all depends on your plans

plan your work, and work your plan (my teacher told me that :rolleyes:)

Stevie

We have seen a cruise for next year and wondered if anyone has an idea as to when the best/cheapest time is to book?

The advice above is sound - and there is no "one size fits all" answer.

If you are locked into a specific date then an early booking will ensure you are not disappointed, and you will most likely get the so called "free" AI.

If you are able to travel without such restrictions (work commitments or school holidays etc.) and are flexible on which cruise you are prepared to book then holding off will see reduced fares.

Getting the absolute best price is a dark art - a friend reckons it's 6 weeks before the sailing date.

The jury is still out on that one - there may be little choice of cabins at that point, and you have to consider that Thomsons flights from your preferred airport(s) may be full if you leave it too late.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

The DARK ART of booking continued

My brother and sister in law went on the Celebration Transatlantic last October

15 days from Palma to Caribbean booked last few weeks before sailing they got a good deal at 1,100 each (non AI ) a couple they met up with said they had got a last minute bargain at 500 each ? suppose all to do with cabins and which airport and seats available. At the end of the day they have got to fill ‘em up, so you pay your money or take a chance on a last minute

The choice is yours (sure this/was on a game show?) ;)

Ps we are booked on Discovery Oct 2016 for Tropical Escape :cool:

Won’t be checking the prices again in October , done and dusted…… no I won’t check again

……..Honest ;)

Well perhaps a bit

:rolleyes:

Stevie:)

The DARK ART of booking continued

On reflection I reckon It's your Donald Duck is a more appropriate euphamism for getting the very best price - it's a lottery of coming online and being in the "right place at the right time" as deals come and go.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

A follow up to my previous post. Seats have now become available for our cruise on 16th this month from Newcastle (i'm on the south Wales borders) and £400 pound per couple cheaper. Possibly seats becoming available due to the Zika virus threat.

I like to book as soon as possible, I just like the excitement of things being booked haha, I had 5 things booked in this years holiday chart at work before anyone else had even looked at it :). Will the price go down, maybe but I know where I'm going, have plenty of time to plan what I'm going to do and even more time to pay for it. As long as I can afford the price when I book I'm happy.....I just make sure I stop following the price [emoji51]

Edited by Itsbeentoolong

Mmm still unsure but will keep checking!!!

Ps how do you put the list of cruises you have been on at the bottom of your messages ??:)

Go into countdown clocks at the top of the page to enter any cruises you are waiting to go on, or into user CP to amend your signature to enter any cruises you have been on.