Millenium Cabin choice.

Tobysmum

Hi all

We are 1st time Celebrity, although not 1st time cruisers (Cunard, Princess & HAL previously). We have picked up a good priced trip from Sydney to Hawaii March/April this year and have booked 3044 (Oceanview). We now have the chance to change to either 3142 or 3126 and I wonder if anyone has a view on either of these cabins. The latter 2 seem to be opposite the Conference Centre and I'm not sure if that has the potential to be noisy at times, or if in fact it would be a quieter area of the ship to be in.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Take a look at the cabin STICKY area. Cabin reviews on almost every cabin. Note your post does not say what ship you are on so really really hard to help. note that all M class and S class ships have almost identical cabin configurations.

FWIW unless there is a large group on your cruise have rarely seen ANYONE at the conference centre on any ship.

Hi all

We are 1st time Celebrity, although not 1st time cruisers (Cunard, Princess & HAL previously). We have picked up a good priced trip from Sydney to Hawaii March/April this year and have booked 3044 (Oceanview). We now have the chance to change to either 3142 or 3126 and I wonder if anyone has a view on either of these cabins. The latter 2 seem to be opposite the Conference Centre and I'm not sure if that has the potential to be noisy at times, or if in fact it would be a quieter area of the ship to be in

Thanks.

We have booked 3128 on an upcoming infinity cruise. These cabins are highly recommended due to being very quiet but more importantly having massive windows. Absolutely swap NOW!!

Take a look at the cabin STICKY area. Cabin reviews on almost every cabin. Note your post does not say what ship you are on so really really hard to help. note that all M class and S class ships have almost identical cabin configurations.

FWIW unless there is a large group on your cruise have rarely seen ANYONE at the conference centre on any ship.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a cabin "Sticky" area? Where would we go for that?

Hi all

We are 1st time Celebrity, although not 1st time cruisers (Cunard, Princess & HAL previously). We have picked up a good priced trip from Sydney to Hawaii March/April this year and have booked 3044 (Oceanview). We now have the chance to change to either 3142 or 3126 and I wonder if anyone has a view on either of these cabins. The latter 2 seem to be opposite the Conference Centre and I'm not sure if that has the potential to be noisy at times, or if in fact it would be a quieter area of the ship to be in.

Thanks.

Welcome to our sailings. We are on these two also. I think you should go with 3142 as these aft cabins are relatively new having been added just a while ago (2 or 3 yrs, perhaps) 3126 has a door to the adjacent cabin so it might be noisy. They have huge windows. Here is a link to some posts from people who have been in them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1784653&page=4

This is the roll call link for the Honolulu to Vancouver segment

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042839&page=36

And the Sydney to Honolulu one

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048597&page=34

There is a great group of people on this cruise and many events planned.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a cabin "Sticky" area? Where would we go for that?

A Sticky is a general info thread. They are found at the top of the thread on the general forum. There are two on the cabins. One for S class and one for M class.

Hi all

Thanks.

If you include the name of the ship you're on, it will help people help you more easily. ;)

Your original OV cabin on Millennium is just fine, has a large window and it should be very quiet, with only the Photo Gallery above you... and not a lot of traffic down your passage way either. Easy access to main lobby going aft, and to the theatre, spa/gym/solarium as well as Cosmos lounge going forward and up.

The new cabin(s) you are contemplating would be considered an upgrade due to the really HUGE window. Those cabins are very new and USED to be part of the conference center. THEY both have the Rendezvous Lounge above them but should still be pretty quiet unless you are VERY early-to-bed AND very light sleepers. There will be almost NO traffic down that passageway so I would take 3126, as 3142 might be too close to the elevator/stairs.

Whatever your choice, hope you enjoy your cruise! :D

Edited by teecee60

Thanks everyone for such quick responses:) Great feedback and I think I'll definitely make a change. Im thinking 3126 as its just that bit closer to midships and as neither of us are great sailors, the closer to the centre of the ship the better. We've had an interconnecting door situation on a previous cruise and it didn't seem to be a problem.

Btw, we're on the Celebrity Millennium which I realise is the name of the class of ship as well as the actual ship, so I guess my title to the question may not have been specific enough :(

We're really looking forward to trying Celebrity, and we're hoping that the weather will be kind to us.

Welcome to our sailings. We are on these two also. I think you should go with 3142 as these aft cabins are relatively new having been added just a while ago (2 or 3 yrs, perhaps) 3126 has a door to the adjacent cabin so it might be noisy. They have huge windows. Here is a link to some posts from people who have been in them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1784653&page=4

This is the roll call link for the Honolulu to Vancouver segment

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042839&page=36

And the Sydney to Honolulu one

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048597&page=34

There is a great group of people on this cruise and many events planned.

Thanks Teabag, I've had a quick look at the roll call - looks like a really active one :) and I'll definitely think about joining.

Btw, we're on the Celebrity Millennium which I realise is the name of the class of ship as well as the actual ship, so I guess my title to the question may not have been specific enough

You were VERY specific!!! It's just that I was even MORE VERY oblivious!!!

SORRY!!! I just read the body of your post without even seeing the title. :o

Just did two weeks on the Constellation, a sister ship of Millennium, hoping you enjoy! :)

Edited by teecee60