Dinner Reservations Onboard - Getaway

santacap

We bought a 5 night SDP package for our upcoming cruise in April.

We have 3 on our booking but are travelling with 3 other groups. Figuring out what we want now is hard enough let alone trying to co-ordinate with the others.

How hard is it to book on board? Ive read something about lights? how does that work?

Thanks in advance.

You'll see a few boards scattered around the ship, that shows how quickly the dinning rooms are filling up. I highly recommend making you SDP reservations on Myncl.com before boarding. You can reserve as soon as 90 days before embarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by N747KT

HOW CAN I MAKE DINING RESERVATIONS WITH THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. Once you have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package, you can make any dining reservation online under "Dining" by logging into ncl.com/myncl. Reservations for Spiegel Tent/Illusionarium must by made under "Entertainment." You can also make a reservation onboard the ship by calling or visiting the Restaurant Reservations Desk, visit any restaurant reservations podium or visit the box office for Spiegel Tent/Illusionarium reservations.

Q. CAN I MAKE A DINING RESERVATION FOR THOSE PARTICIPATING IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE TOGETHER WITH THOSE WHO ARE NOT PARTICIPATING?

A. Yes. Simply make your reservation at ncl.com/myncl. You can also make a reservation onboard the ship by calling or visiting the Restaurant Reservations Desk, visiting any restaurant reservations podium or visiting the box office for Spiegel Tent/Illusionarium reservations. Applicable cover charges apply for those who have not purchased the Ultimate Dining Package.

You'll see a few boards scattered around the ship, that shows how quickly the dinning rooms are filling up. I highly recommend making you SDP reservations on Myncl.com before boarding. You can reserve as soon as 90 days before embarkation.

I can reserve them now (65 days out) just hard to commit that far out for us :)

• 1 month later...

Here is my question...I don't want to miss nights that serve beef Wellington or lamb...so how can I make my reservations now...is it really impossible to make reservations when u first get on the ship once I ask the Mdr rotation? Or does the rotation stay the same from previous sailings

I can reserve them now (65 days out) just hard to commit that far out for us :)

You aren't actually committing as reservations can be cancelled or amended when you get aboard.

Personally, I have very rarely had trouble booking onboard. I tend to prebook nowadays mainly because we have to be fairly specific on times (kids etc). If we were more flexible then I'm not sure I would bother, although it's good to know that you have a reservation that can be cancelled if you get a better idea. Cancellations are supposed to be done 24 hours in advance though.

Some people on here have reported not being able to get reservations once onboard. Whilst I haven't ever experienced that, it does suggest that it is possible.

Here is my question...I don't want to miss nights that serve beef Wellington or lamb...so how can I make my reservations now...is it really impossible to make reservations when u first get on the ship once I ask the Mdr rotation? Or does the rotation stay the same from previous sailings

The issue is that sometimes the "prime time" reservations may not be available anymore by the time you board. Last year on Getaway, as the sailing progressed I did see open times, but they were always at what I would consider bad times like 9 pm.

I'd reserve now. If there are nights that are Beef Wellington or Lamb... well, in my situation, I would simply eat twice! Just go to the MDR early, and just ask for the entree. Then eat your specialty dining two hours later.