Cove balcony doors

tigresslea

I wouldn't keep my door open because I don't want the humidity in my room and I wouldn't want to screw up someone elses air conditioning. I can see by all your post that you are going to do it regardless of what any one says so I just wish you a great cruise and hope my cabin in no where near yours.

I'm sure if you've been in many balcony staterooms, someone near you has left their door open w/o you even noticing.

It's amazing to me how selfish some people are. I'm with you - hope I'm never unlucky enough to cruise near the OP.

Well, I can think of many selfish things I've seen people do on cruises. I don't consider leaving my balcony door open to be one. First of all, if it's too hot or humid, it would be shut. I wouldn't keep my a/c on while it was open. Nowhere does it say the balcony door must remain shut, therefore, I am not breaking any rules.

If carnival wanted you to leave the doors open they would supply you with a way to keep

It open. Would you leave your doors open with the AC in in your house? The AC stays in in the hall way and adjacent rooms!

Like I said, the door won't be open if it's too warm so it won't make a difference for rooms separated by doors and walls...

Your ignorance about how a ship's AC works is definitely showing.

It's not ignorance. Although, I'm sure most people don't choose to learn the mechanics of a ship's air conditioning. lol Now you're just being silly. It's up to Carnival to make the rules and if they post that it's a rule and not just a suggestion I will abide. What about all the people who still smuggle booze and smoke on their balconies? Why don't you move on to bigger issues, and stop worrying about whether or not I sleep with a nice ocean breeze.

It's not ignorance. Although, I'm sure most people don't choose to learn the mechanics of a ship's air conditioning. lol Now you're just being silly. It's up to Carnival to make the rules and if they post that it's a rule and not just a suggestion I will abide. What about all the people who still smuggle booze and smoke on their balconies? Why don't you move on to bigger issues, and stop worrying about whether or not I sleep with a nice ocean breeze.

What ocean breeze? The ship goes too fast to "catch" a breeze. I can see it now, the balcony smokers smoke drifting in through the night while you go to or call GS to complain about it. Will you admit your door was propped open?

There's a sign posted on the door that says "KEEP DOOR CLOSED" - how much more black and white can it be? Just like too many, you just don't care about how your actions affect other people besides yourself. Maybe karma will take care of it and you'll end up next to a balcony smoker.

There's a sign posted on the door that says "KEEP DOOR CLOSED" - how much more black and white can it be? Just like too many, you just don't care about how your actions affect other people besides yourself. Maybe karma will take care of it and you'll end up next to a balcony smoker.

It says, "Air Conditioned Keep Door Closed". I see some room for interpretation there, sorry if you don't. Whereas, smoking is prohibited on balconies at all times and they would get a nice little fine to prove it. Don't think karma would be in their favor.

It says, "Air Conditioned Keep Door Closed". I see some room for interpretation there, sorry if you don't. Whereas, smoking is prohibited on balconies at all times and they would get a nice little fine to prove it. Don't think karma would be in their favor.

First Karma might not be in your favor either:D First your cabin will stink if you leave the door open. Then you have to know exactly who was the source;)

This makes me think of the age old argument about "chair hogs." Y'all can bitch and moan all you want about it, yet it really doesn't ever change cruise to cruise, does it? Chair hogs exist. People do what people do. I'm sure there have been countless times my cabin has existed in close proximity to another cabin where they've opted to leave their balcony door open. Did I notice it? No. Not like chair hogs leaving towels all day on a chair and never using it..that's noticeable to many people. Or a cabin leaving their balcony light on all night? Super noticeable.

So many butt hurt people nowadays. Move on. Enjoy your cruise. Quityerbitchin

Edited by mel-b

I couldn't care less if a smoker gets fined...it would just be nice to see the inconsiderate people ruin each other's trip instead of inflicting their selfishness on everyone else. And wouldn't it be hilarious if the steward smelled smoke in your cabin and YOU got hit with the fine!!

Well, I can think of many selfish things I've seen people do on cruises. I don't consider leaving my balcony door open to be one. First of all, if it's too hot or humid, it would be shut. I wouldn't keep my a/c on while it was open. Nowhere does it say the balcony door must remain shut, therefore, I am not breaking any rules.

I'm not sure that we really have much control over a/c. I've turned my A/C up and nothing happens and turned it down and nothing happens. I am certain it is part of a system and if Carnival wanted us to be able to leave the doors open they wouldn't have a sign on the door to the contrary.

First Karma might not be in your favor either:D First your cabin will stink if you leave the door open. Then you have to know exactly who was the source;)

I had to deal with it before they changed the rules. Difference is now I can do something about it .

What ocean breeze? The ship goes too fast to "catch" a breeze. I can see it now, the balcony smokers smoke drifting in through the night while you go to or call GS to complain about it. Will you admit your door was propped open?

Believe me, you get a breeze... I'm not guessing, I'm going off past experience. As for admitting that I left the door propped open, I doubt it would even come up. All I have to say is I could smell it from my balcony.

This makes me think of the age old argument about "chair hogs." Y'all can bitch and moan all you want about it, yet it really doesn't ever change cruise to cruise, does it? Chair hogs exist. People do what people do. I'm sure there have been countless times my cabin has existed in close proximity to another cabin where they've opted to leave their balcony door open. Did I notice it? No. Not like chair hogs leaving towels all day on a chair and never using it..that's noticeable to many people. Or a cabin leaving their balcony light on all night? Super noticeable.

So many butt hurt people nowadays. Move on. Enjoy your cruise. Quityerbitchin

Exactly. There are many annoying things people do that you can't help but notice. I'm sure no one knew or cared that I had my door open on my last cruise. People just have to find something to complain about.

I couldn't care less if a smoker gets fined...it would just be nice to see the inconsiderate people ruin each other's trip instead of inflicting their selfishness on everyone else. And wouldn't it be hilarious if the steward smelled smoke in your cabin and YOU got hit with the fine!!

Well, fortunately it doesn't really work that way. The amount of smoke that would make its way into my cabin wouldn't be enough to linger very long after I shut the door. Regardless of that, they'd have a hard time proving it after I tell them to search our room and they find nothing.

Exactly. There are many annoying things people do that you can't help but notice. I'm sure no one knew or cared that I had my door open on my last cruise. People just have to find something to complain about.

I was in the proximity of a cabin leaving their door open. Until they were located and told to keep door shut our cabin wouldn't cool off and once they closed it the problem was solved - so yeah...it does affect other people. Not that you seem to really care.

There's a lot on the forum under a quick search of "balcony bungee cord." Everyone will have an opinion. At the end of the day, when you cruise with thousands of other humans on a cruise ship, you must be willing to take the risk that you'll be in close quarters with people doing things you disagree with. Honestly, bullying a person on this forum won't make them change their mind. If you don't want certain things done, then rent a private yacht. It's that simple.

I was in the proximity of a cabin leaving their door open. Until they were located and told to keep door shut our cabin wouldn't cool off and once they closed it the problem was solved - so yeah...it does affect other people. Not that you seem to really care.

Of course I care. But I'm not going to refrain on the off-chance that it may possibly affect someone else's a/c. If I noticed any problems or found out other rooms were having issues I'd keep the door closed.

There's a lot on the forum under a quick search of "balcony bungee cord." Everyone will have an opinion. At the end of the day, when you cruise with thousands of other humans on a cruise ship, you must be willing to take the risk that you'll be in close quarters with people doing things you disagree with. Honestly, bullying a person on this forum won't make them change their mind. If you don't want certain things done, then rent a private yacht. It's that simple.

:thumbup:

Of course I care. But I'm not going to refrain on the off-chance that it may possibly affect someone else's a/c. If I noticed any problems or found out other rooms were having issues I'd keep the door closed.

And how would you do this? Do a door to door survey?:D