what time can you get on ship in Abu Dhabi

lenbest

Did you book a fly cruise package? Because we did and arrived in Abu Dhabi at 07:15 and there was a bus (actually a few busses) waiting to take us to the ship. We arrived around 9.30 at the cruise terminal and were having breakfast by 10.00. Even our cabin was already available. Luggage arrived probably around noon.

Our aircraft arrives a 06.40 in Abu Dhabi,anyone any idea how long you have to wait before you can board,and what you can do in the meantime.-thanks

Sounds like you are on the same flight we were on a few weeks ago. As stated above, MSC had transfer buses waiting as soon as we came through immigration to take us to the ship (about 45 min journey). Check in was quick and we were straight on the ship. The papers we were given at check in said cabins would be ready by 12 but we ate breakfast and went to have a look. Luggage was already outside the door and the steward said the cabin was ready, this was about 10 am.

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds like you are on the same flight we were on a few weeks ago. As stated above, MSC had transfer buses waiting as soon as we came through immigration to take us to the ship (about 45 min journey). Check in was quick and we were straight on the ship. The papers we were given at check in said cabins would be ready by 12 but we ate breakfast and went to have a look. Luggage was already outside the door and the steward said the cabin was ready, this was about 10 am.

Hi, hope its ok for me to ask a question, we are going 13th March from Abu Dhabi, the ship leaves, i think, at midnight, just wondering if we can go to Emirates Palace before we sail, not sure about the safety drill, any advice would be great, thank you

Melanie

Hi, hope its ok for me to ask a question, we are going 13th March from Abu Dhabi, the ship leaves, i think, at midnight, just wondering if we can go to Emirates Palace before we sail, not sure about the safety drill, any advice would be great, thank you

Melanie

The muster drill was around 4.30/5pm (sorry can't remember exactly). If you would be back by then I don't think it would be a problem. MSC were actually offering a couple of excursions for embarking passengers in Abu Dhabi, they were giving out flyers on the transfer bus. During the cruise we spoke to a couple who had gone off and explored the city on their own so some people must do that.

We've been to Abu Dhabi before so just took a nap and explored the ship:)

Julie

Yes you can go ashore. We waited for our cabins to be available at noon. Had a quick clean up then off ship. We asked if we needed to be back for muster and we were told we didn't. We did the HOHO bus from outside the terminal so we managed to see quite a bit of Abu Dhabi. We got off at the mosque for a while.

When we got back to the ship there was a letter in our cabin telling us to attend a muster the next day in the theatre. There were lots of people there.

Mandy