New 10th desk staterooms

Lorideruyter

I am looking for info from anyone who has recently sailed on the Zuiderdam - since the renovations last year. My husband and I are staying in one of the new 10th deck staterooms and have been trying to find out if the verandas on that deck have the normal 1/2 pane of glass on the outside or if it is a full pane. I can't tell my the pictures on the internet.

Thank you for any assistance anyone can provide!!

Are you asking about the railings or the doors to the balcony?

Here are two you tube video that show the deck ten cabins.

at about 5:15 min in.

at about 1:45 and earlier to see cabana deck.

Best views on full screen. I wanted info for Oosterdam after 17 Apr. so have not been on Z-dam but booked one for O-dam.

Sightcrr

This is perfect - thank you! I was afraid the glass wall on the outside of the veranda was a full dark glass but now I can see it is just like the other verandas with the glass open to the air half way up. We are sailing on March 7th. First time on the Zuiderdam but third trip with Holland America. The last two were on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Happy sailing!:)

My mom had one of these staterooms on our Jan 15th Zuiderdam cruise. I do not think I ever went outside in her cabin so I cannot answer your question about the balcony. But I can tell you that the cabin is tiny. Smallest cabin I think I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As TSLady noted, the deck 10 verandas are much smaller. We were initially booked in one of these cabins for our cruise last March on the Zuiderdam. When I realized the size of the verandah I "downgraded" us to a deck 4 stern cabin which had a larger than average verandah size. Apparently lower is considered a down grade but for us it was an upgrade due to the much bigger balcony. It had an ottoman which allowed me to stretch out like a lounger.

We want to be up on a higher deck so we will stat put. We have been on decks 6 and 8 so far so we will see how they are and post after the trip! We like the rocking of the waves and missed the hat when we were down on deck 6.

Thanks for all the info! We leave for Lauderdale in 29 days!! Can't wait!!:):cool::cool:

As TSLady noted, the deck 10 verandas are much smaller. We were initially booked in one of these cabins for our cruise last March on the Zuiderdam. When I realized the size of the verandah I "downgraded" us to a deck 4 stern cabin which had a larger than average verandah size. Apparently lower is considered a down grade but for us it was an upgrade due to the much bigger balcony. It had an ottoman which allowed me to stretch out like a lounger.

I believe these cabins were added last April.

Do you have pic of your balcony on deck 4? I am just making my choice between stern looking and cabin 4164. On Transatlantic there are many seadays so balcony size is very important.

May be somebody has pic of balcony cabin 4164 also?

Do you have pic of your balcony on deck 4? I am just making my choice between stern looking and cabin 4164. On Transatlantic there are many seadays so balcony size is very important.

May be somebody has pic of balcony cabin 4164 also?

There are pix of 4166 on Westerdam on the website that will come up if you google for Hal facts. I should give you an good idea. Enjoy, m--