Carnival Breeze review question?

tilocke88

Hi! Has anyone written a review for the Breeze itinerary that goes to Belize, Cozumel, and Mahogany Bay?

Or does anyone know where I can find one?

Ive been reading a lot of Breeze reviews lately in celebration of our booked Breeze cruise in September, but I have yet to find one for our same itinerary....appreciate any info! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Breeze has done that itinerary yet, not until it's based in Galveston...

I had no idea! It will be our first cruise, so Im learning little things like this as I go lol

Ill check out some reviews of other ships on that itinerary then, thanks so much everyone!!

I am also interested in this itinerary ~ will be sailing on the Breeze August 21, 2016. I'm mostly concerned about Belize. Dave K58 can you email me as well? doll.banks@gmail.com.

Did that itinerary on the Magic in 2014.

Belize is a tender port with a long ride on the tender boat to shore...guess at least 3 miles...maybe closer to 5. Belize City itself is an armpit. On the 3 cruises we have been on out of Galveston, that port was as bad as Progresso, which I rank slightly worse than Freeport.

That said, we booked a biking through the jungle excursion with Carnival. It was a great time...about 90 minutes on the bike (pretty flat terrain), followed by a decent meal and then some time in a very large and clean fresh-water pool which was a nice change from the ocean beaches on our other stops.

Given how reckless the bus and taxis drivers appear to be (our bus driver was nuts and did some stupid stuff on the ~20 mile drive to the excursion park...and lots of other crazies driving around too) and the virus carrying mosquitoes, I would think twice, maybe three times, about getting off the ship if I ever find myself there again (which I hope I don't).

Edited by Badfinger

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be doing that itinerary leaving May 29th on the Breeze. We're a family of four, kids will be 12 & 13. This is our second cruise so we felt comfortable booking excursions ourselves instead of via Carnival. I got recommendations from several friends who have visited these ports and then did a lot of research myself. Here's what we're doing:

Cozumel: http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net/cozumel-jeep-tour.html

-We were at this port last time and went to the Chakunaab Reef and swam with the dolphins and did some self-guided snorkeling off the shore. It was OK, but I'd probably try to find a better place for a dolphin encounter as it was pretty dull and you had to pay a lot of money for a disk of pics if you wanted any. Anyway, wanted to see more of the island with multiple activities, so we're going with the private jeep tour. Some of the recent results have been a little low, but apparently there was a death in the family. If something falls through, I'm not concerned about finding another option once there.

Belize: http://www.cavemansnorkelingtours.com/

-We really love to snorkel and this is supposed to be the place to do it. We will take the water taxi to Caye Caulker where Caveman is and do nothing but snorkel. I wasn't interested in some of the tours where you go around the island for 90 mins or so...just not what we are looking for. To get the most time in the water, we will fly back to Belize City from the Caye. I compared with LOTS of other options and this one seemed to be the best bang for the buck and Caveman gets fantastic reviews everywhere I looked. Totally private (although we could have another four join us). I also seriously considered the cave tubing/zip-lining, but my daughter is a mosquito magnet even with sprays, and in the end I just didn't want to risk having four+ hours of misery with her being constantly bitten (not to mention Zeka).

Honduras: http://littlefrenchkey.com/

-So many good options at this port. LFK place came highly recommended by numerous friends and once I showed the kids a YouTube video on it, they wouldn't hear of anything else. Seems like a good mix of activities in a beautiful spot.

Hope that helps!