CelebrityLife on Infinity

aquafemme

What sort of lectures and demonstrations do they offer on Infinity? Doing the Antartica cruise this month and am hoping for some lectures on the area and wildlife as well as climate changes there. Anyone know if this is a possibility? What kind of CelebrityLife lectures have been enjoyable and informative? Do they do any astronomy lectures since the night sky is so clear over the ocean? I've seen some listings tied in to shipboard stores which don't really interest me except for maybe the fashion show. Was just wondering what other topics they might cover.

Edited by aquafemme

We were on the February 15, 2015 Antarctic cruise. Celebrity naturalist Milos Radakovich was onboard. In addition to several lectures in the theatre he spent a great amount of time in the Constellation helping folks spot whales, birds and so forth. He also provided commentary, which was broadcast throughout public area, during certain points of interest (i.e., while the ship visited the Palmer Peninsula). Milos has been the naturalist on several of our prior Celebrity cruises, and we've always enjoyed him. That Antarctic cruise was the first leg of a B2B2B series, and he stayed on through the next several cruises as well.

In addition to Milos another speaker, Mikey Live, joined the ship in Ushuaia. Quite frankly I am not sure I have spelled his name correctly. While a number of other passengers were enthralled with him, neither my husband nor I were as enamored. Mikey describes himself as an "educator entertainer." I found his presentations enjoyable but rather superficial.

We thoroughly enjoyed Mickey Live who we thought had some great presentations without the "kookieness" of Milos. Mickey had "office hours" in al Bacio daily where he would talk about recent ports and help anyone with a camera problem or question. He also hosted a photo of the day contest where pax were invited to submit a picture each day. The best would be selected and the daily winners would receive a CD of all the submissions. The CD was available for purchase by others. We bought it and it had some fantastic photos.