Juneau Transportation Options

LREcruise02

We have a group of 10 arriving in Juneau next June on the Carnival Legend. We are in port 7am to 3pm. We would like to go to Mendenhall Glacier and do the hike to Nugget Falls, go to the Alaskan Brewing Co for a tour and tasting, and do the Mt Roberts tram before getting back on the ship.

I am wondering what our best transportation options would be for this. Can anyone possibly recommend a private driver in Juneau with a vehicle that would fit us? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Maybe rent 2 cars so that you can explore the area at your own pace, even venture to the coast to see Eagle Beach, Shrine of St Therese.

I have no personal experience with a tour, but he town web site has a few vendors. 12th St hits the places you listed.

http://www.traveljuneau.com/listings/index.php?cat=transportation&subcat=Ground Transportation&sub=1$$

What you need is transportation, certainly no "guide" or "tour". Mendenhall Glacier and the Brewery don't need any more.

Are you open to renting cars? As mentioned 2 cars would work very well. Plus offer you a few extra stops.

Renting from the Rivergold Hotel via Avis is an easy pick up/return. IF at the AJ dock, then Juneau Car rental.

Otherwise, perhaps - call direct, the cab companies and compare rates and vehicles.

Edited by Budget Queen

Maybe rent 2 cars so that you can explore the area at your own pace, even venture to the coast to see Eagle Beach, Shrine of St Therese.

I have no personal experience with a tour, but he town web site has a few vendors. 12th St hits the places you listed.

http://www.traveljuneau.com/listings/index.php?cat=transportation&subcat=Ground Transportation&sub=1$$

Thank you for the link I am leaning highly towards 12th street as it says they are acquiring a 10 passenger van which would be perfect for us. For $70 per hour which works out to only $7 per hour per person seems like a great deal.

I would rather not rent cars unless it was a huge price difference. I would much rather have someone who knows the area show us around! Thanks again for the info!