"Special Occasions"

vivienne-j

Can someone please help? I'm a newbie, and have just been putting some shore excursions into the cruise personaliser. I noticed we can request "special occasions". My 50th birthday is soon after the cruise, and our 20th wedding anniversary is this year too. What's involved with the "special occasions" package? And what does it cost?!?!?!

Thanks for any info.

Vivienne

27 July 04 - Princess Star - Mediterranean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;27;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

If you are within a month (before or after) of your anniversary you will have your door decorated with balloons and I think a small cake at dinner. I don't know about birthdays although I think it is similar. This does not cost anything. However if you want to do something "extra" go to the onboard section of the Princess website. There is a listing of things that can be ordered for special occasions. These are cost alternatives such as champagne breakfast in bed, robes to take home, canapes and other things.

Make sure that your travel agent informs Princess of the occassions you should get a little something , I also think that if it is a major wedding anniversary you get cabin upgrades as well check the brochure ,

As its your 20th it might also be worthwhile doing the renewal of vows ceromony , we are on the Star in August doing Barcelona / Venice and we have purchased the renewal of vows for my parents . The renewal is either £99.00 per couple or £299 for a delux version again check the brochure. In any case make sure that your cabin steward and table waiter know about the anniversary and the big 50.

If you want more info email us direct at paul.bradbury4@btinternet.com

CANBERRA JUNE 97

OCEAN PRINCESS OCT 01

DAWN PRINCESS MARCH 03

STAR PRINCESS AUGUST 04

PAULNJILL

We celebrated our anniversary on all 3 cruises listed below. The Regal was our 38th. Just tell you TA, and it will be taken care of. As everyone has said above, balloons on the door, a note from the Captain, a dessert served to you at dinner and the waiters sing. In our case, the whole dining room sang due to some fun-loving people we had close by and it was great fun. The dessert used to be a cake but the last time it was like a cheescake with a pureed raspberry topping and it is still surrounded by a thin dark chocolate wall imprinted with the Princess sea witch logo.

And Happy Birthday & Anniversary -- both milestones!

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Archived