Teens on Liberty - Dress and activities

I am taking my 13 year old grandson on the Liberty's Western Carb. Cruise. What type of organized activities are there for his age group. Do ordinary school clothes along with beachwear work, or should he have nicer clothes for evening activities. He is extremely excited abour the trip and don't want him to get dissappointed over clothes. We are on the April 17 cruise. Any other teens out there. As with most of his age, he can spend the day on video games. I hope he can take a weeks break from them!!

I am taking my 13 year old grandson on the Liberty's Western Carb. Cruise. What type of organized activities are there for his age group. Do ordinary school clothes along with beachwear work, or should he have nicer clothes for evening activities. He is extremely excited abour the trip and don't want him to get dissappointed over clothes. We are on the April 17 cruise. Any other teens out there. As with most of his age, he can spend the day on video games. I hope he can take a weeks break from them!!

Just a note that the arcade on Royal is not free, and kids have no spending limits in the arcade.

Teen club will be completely casual. More like what they would wear on weekends instead of what they wear to school. Also will want to bring clothes that he would play sports in (basketball, soccer) as he'll probably be doing that during the day. Also make sure to bring a pair of long pants suitable for ice skating. He can't wear shorts for that. Bring a few pairs of khakis and polo shirts for the MDR, but he'll probably go straight back to change into more casual clothes after dinner.

They will have a video game console in the teen club (X Box or PlayStation, but he shouldn't expect to play that non-stop the whole week as they have to share that.

He can wear pretty much anything he wants in the teen spaces. I just turned 19 but I participated in teen activities a few years ago on Freedom, Oasis, and Allure! I'm not sure if they still do this, but they used to have a white out party where everyone wore all white. They also have stuff like dance parties, video game tournaments, movies, speed dating (not what it sounds like lol), and other group activities. I don't remember a whole lot of the other stuff they offer because it seemed like I would meet people the first night during the meet and greet, but we would always hang out around the ship, usually we didn't participate in the organized teen activities.

We were on Freedom at Christmas with a 13 and 15 year olds. Both really enjoyed dressing for MDR, and our son (15) won the Super Smash Bros tournament in the teen club(medal and all!). He never spent all day playing games, but did find a "squad" to hang with in the teen group. :)

On Anthem a few months ago, they had a teen prom for the older teens at least. The girls got very dressed up- cocktail-type dresses. Boys were mixed. Ours rocked his tuxedo, others khakis and button downs but lots went & tried to dress up so might be worth bringing s nice outfit in case teen wants to