Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016

NorbertsNiece

My gosh Linda, you did more in a day in Melbourne than I would do in a year!! There are some places in your photos that I haven't even seen, or maybe just not paid attention, and I've lived here for 17 years!! I think I need to get out more - :p! You certainly do make our lovely city look wonderful in your photos, and the same with Sydney.

I could live in Melbourne. Without a shadow of a doubt. Wonderful vibe.

------------

Clocks go back an hour tonight. Again.

Had a super day talking to all sorts of people about all sorts of things. Did some fine jewellery window shopping today..... those chocolate diamonds are gorgeous. They had a Michael Kors raffle or something today which I missed so I checked out the price of their bags.... heh.... I'm good with M&S ta very much. Price of a cruise some of them!!

Tomorrow I've organised a CC lunch in the MDR. Have to hand my passport in tomorrow morning; had two forms to fill out, one to exit Australia and one to enter Bali. Chic night tomorrow..... lobster tail night. Head waiter told me he had a guest eat 12 one night......

Back in my room with my feet up. Two hours at dinner these days is playing havoc with my hip.

-----------

DSCN7658.jpg

DSCN7659.jpg

Sat in Cafe al Bacio a pod of dolphins swam by..... if you squint you can see tiny dorsal fins

DSCN7663.jpg

DSCN7664.jpg

These guys are guests and have been entertaining others...... here they were performing 'Let's Call The Whole Thing Off'. Wonderful.

DSCN7665.jpg

DSCN7716.jpg

A picture of a bowl of soup.....

Some rather good fish

Can see the sea.... from the ship can see Mount Lofty but I'm not sure I panned over far enough to see the ship that far away.

DSCN7786.jpg

DSCN7787.jpg

We head to Cleland Wildlife Park..... cute koala alert.

Very different forest range to the rain forests previously experienced.

DSCN7790.jpg

Our car and while I think about it can highly recommend Bob from Saviconnect.com.au

DSCN7794.jpg

Termite mound

DSCN7795.jpg

DSCN7798.jpg

I hope I've given you a sense of how pretty this town is..... I stuck to the main street. As with everywhere I've only posted a few pics. I actually ran out of camera battery charge today.

We'd driven past here on our initial drive through and this is where I have lunch.

DSCN7886.jpg

DSCN7893.jpg

DSCN7894.jpg

DSCN7918.jpg

DSCN7916.jpg

Was brought up on sauerkraut.....

DSCN7919.jpg

This was on my bed

DSCN7960_1.jpg

I'm not going to lie..... I'm concerned.....

From the UK Govt travel advisory site for Indonesia

Summary

Still current at:29 February 2016

Updated:25 February 2016

Latest update:

Summary - recent indications suggest that terrorists may be in the advanced stages of preparing attacks in Indonesia; the overall level of advice has not changed and you should exercise a high degree of caution

It goes on to say :

You should be particularly vigilant during holiday periods like Easter, Christmas, New Year, Nyepi (Balinese New Year, 9 March 2016) and Independence Day (17 August).

Will be in Bali on the 7th.

Words of re-assurance welcome.

Had to chuckle when I saw your photo of the coast as you were leaving Outer Harbour in Adelaide, in the group of people lining the edge waving at the ship were myself, my sister and our husbands. We had popped down to re live our memories of taking the Solstice across the top last year and to check out our cabin positions for our NZ trip next year :D

You certainly had a lovely day for touring around Adelaide and your photos look great.

By the way, make sure you are up top for viewing when going through the Arafura Sea (between Australia and New Guinea) as this was a highlight of the trip with the Pilot giving updates all through this area. It was not widely advertised by Celebrity and many people did not realise what was happening. The Pilot also gave a talk in the Theatre the day before which was very interesting.