First Solo Cruise

DEWGirl

Also, maybe it's not a big deal, but be prepared to be asked if you are sailing alone. Tell your story, or not, but don't be taken aback. Usually people don't mean anything bad about it. Especially the crew. They're just trying to get to know you too.

I don't know why some people are offended when the hostess says, "Just one?"

When I enter a restaurant whether on land or on a ship and I say table for one, please.........

ALWAYS the host/hostess, says are you alone?

Was I not worth listening to the first time?

What is their need to ask? I told them what I wanted/required.

If they were to ask, in a ship, would you care to join a larger table, I'd have no issue with that but that is not what they say.

For 47 years of my life, I shared all with my late DH. I don't need some jerk with a stack of menus in their hand to remind me I am now on my own.

Edited by sail7seas

One week until I board NCL Escape for my first solo cruise as well... I have some of the same apprehensions others seem to have but am determined to enjoy my time away whatever it may turn out like...

I usually have booked port excursions in advance when travelling with others and am unsure what to do (if anything) in this case. Can anyone give me their two cents? Should I book something and just hope I'm not the only solo or wait until I am on board and hopefully meet other like minded travelers possibly looking to book something with another person travelling on their own?

Hi:)....If I am booking something through the cruiseline, sometimes I

book ahead of time and sometimes I don't...it just depends. But if you

know you enjoy something specific? Book it. I don't worry about

what others do (but that is just me). I can tell you that meeting folks

on a ship sponsored tour is quite easy. Most folks are friendly:)

Interesting choice of word-- "harassed". Would you still feel harassed if it were George Clooney or Brad Pitt approaching you? :rolleyes:

I definitely would feel harassed considering they are both married! :cool:

I have no problem with a man showing interest, but once I indicate I'm not interested, trying to convince me does feel like harassment. To me at least. If I'm offered a drink and I say no, I don't want it pressured on me. But maybe I'm a prude!

One week until I board NCL Escape for my first solo cruise as well... I have some of the same apprehensions others seem to have but am determined to enjoy my time away whatever it may turn out like...

I usually have booked port excursions in advance when travelling with others and am unsure what to do (if anything) in this case. Can anyone give me their two cents? Should I book something and just hope I'm not the only solo or wait until I am on board and hopefully meet other like minded travelers possibly looking to book something with another person travelling on their own?

Usually I book Excursions in advance too, but for my first solo I'm winging it. I am part of a busy roll call and f b group and have about a dozen people inviting me on their excursions with them. I'm going to wait till I get there and hang with the group then see what I want to do.

Edited by Savlamara

Usually I book Excursions in advance too, but for my first solo I'm winging it. I am part of a busy roll call and f b group and have about a dozen people inviting me on their excursions with them. I'm going to wait till I get there and hang with the group then see what I want to do.

That sounds like a good plan. Hope it works out well for you. :)