New to RCCL - FOS

I've gotten lots of my questions asked here but still have a few more. We've done 9 Disney cruises but are really looking forward to trying RCCL!

With the Premium drink package, when you want a soda do you have to carry your souvenir cup to get it or is that only for the freestyle machine? Also, our teen girls enjoy lattes and stuff, if we get them the royal replenish package where do they get those?

What extras should we plan for with the teenagers besides Johnny rockets, the cupcake place and the arcade? Are all other places, with the exception of specialty restaurant included?

I currently have late dining but MTD might be better with the teens so they aren't locked in on time, but we really don't like waiting for a table.

If we switch to MTD do we tip differently? I did the pre-paid gratuities but does that change?

Ok, last one... dress code in MDR. Are dress shorts for men/women allowed? Jeans?

Thanks so much!!

you can get glass of fountain soda at any bar, no plastic cup needed.

there will be at least one bar that is mainly specialty coffee. never been on Freedom, but it may be on the Promenade, or just outside the Windjammer.

not necessarily. anything that incurs a fee, however, is marked. including some activities.

nothing really changes at all except that you have more flexibility with when you dine. tip procedure remains the same and with you pre-paying you are already set.

NO shorts in the dining room at Dinner.. Jeans( NICE ones, nothing faded, frayed , no artfully placed rips or tears, etc) are fine on any night except Formal ones.

I've gotten lots of my questions asked here but still have a few more. We've done 9 Disney cruises but are really looking forward to trying RCCL!

With the Premium drink package, when you want a soda do you have to carry your souvenir cup to get it or is that only for the freestyle machine? Also, our teen girls enjoy lattes and stuff, if we get them the royal replenish package where do they get those?

What extras should we plan for with the teenagers besides Johnny rockets, the cupcake place and the arcade? Are all other places, with the exception of specialty restaurant included?

I currently have late dining but MTD might be better with the teens so they aren't locked in on time, but we really don't like waiting for a table.

If we switch to MTD do we tip differently? I did the pre-paid gratuities but does that change?

Ok, last one... dress code in MDR. Are dress shorts for men/women allowed? Jeans?

Thanks so much!!

You only need the special cup to use the Freestyle machines. Your SeaPass card will get you a soda at any bar or restaurant, though the selection will be limited to about 6 choices.

Tips are the same for MTD, no changes needed.

It seems your questions have been answered. I did want to comment on the dress code for the MDR. It does state no shorts; however, there are several people who wear shorts. It isn't uncommon to see people of all ages wear shorts to dinner. The majority don't, but there are those that do and it's not an issue with service. My family has worn shorts to dinner on occasion. You will see all kinds of attire. Have a great cruise!