NCL-Norwegian Jade-16th April Houston/19th April Miami TransAtlantic to Barcelona

Dorothy's Friend

Just booked this crossing from Miami departing 19th April. Anybody joining me?

I did the westbound crossing last October and it was a fantastic experience. The Jade is SO welcoming to LGBT travellers and solo travellers alike. Not only did I make new friends but met up with people I knew from previous NCL experiences.

I had a look through threads here and I could not find anything for this voyage, so I hope I have not trodden on anybody's toes by starting this one.

See you aboard on the 19th April!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

My spouse and myself will be on this cruise also. We are Spring, TX. We are looking forward to enjoying a great cruise while partying with fun people.

Ken and Lloyd

Welcome along to the thread. If the eastbound Atlantic crossing is anything like as good as the westbound crossing last October it should be a lot of fun.

Do you have anything planned for any of the ports of call?

I am joining this crossing in Miami and getting off in Barcelona. So, the only ports of call for me are St. Thomas and Madeira, both of which I have been to many times. In St.Thomas I will probably wander into town or go up in the cable car if it is open. I love Funchal, if the weather is dry there is so much to see within walking distance of the port.

At the moment I am having a problem buying my Spa Pass. Every day I check the NCL website and my reservation but the spa treatments and pass are greyed out. My Personal Cruise Consultant has been trying to sort it out for over a week now.

Are you also on another cruise website? If so, I sent you a message. We will be touring on our own also. Please let me know what you find out about the spa pass.

I have today managed to pre-pay for my Spa Pass with a $20 discount for booking online.:)

I am also on 'meet me onboard'.

I just booked this 16N cruise from Houston. I travel solo from Asia and will see you guys on board. I will be at M&G as well as sail away parties.

I did NCL Star TA last April and had a very good time with a group. We had drinks and dinner together every night. Hope this cruise will be as fun.

I have posted in the main roll call board that I look for shared shuttle from IAH (George Bush Int'l Airport) to Bayport. Let me know if you guys happen to have transport from IAH and room for me to share. I shall stay near IAH on the night of April 15.

Cheers

Patrick

I just booked this 16N cruise from Houston. I travel solo from Asia and will see you guys on board. I will be at M&G as well as sail away parties.

I did NCL Star TA last April and had a very good time with a group. We had drinks and dinner together every night. Hope this cruise will be as fun.

I have posted in the main roll call board that I look for shared shuttle from IAH (George Bush Int'l Airport) to Bayport. Let me know if you guys happen to have transport from IAH and room for me to share. I shall stay near IAH on the night of April 15.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick!

Welcome to this thread and our little group.

If this eastbound crossing on the Jade is anything like as good as the westbound crossing last October then it should be a lot of fun.

I am looking forward to meeting you all in 34 days time when I board in Miami on the 19th April.

Kevin

Hi Patrick!

Welcome to this thread and our little group.

If this eastbound crossing on the Jade is anything like as good as the westbound crossing last October then it should be a lot of fun.

I am looking forward to meeting you all in 34 days time when I board in Miami on the 19th April.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I note you mentioned that you have been to Funchal. This will be my first visit, although I should have visited in my last cruise if it had not cancelled that port of call in last minute.

Can you give some ideas as to what to expect and whether it is good to join a tour organized by fellow cruisers? I have been to Ponta Delgada and did an island tour. Is Funchal similar to Azores?

Cheers.

Edited by Serengeti228

Thanks Kevin. I note you mentioned that you have been to Funchal. This will be my first visit, although I should have visited in my last cruise if it had not cancelled that port of call in last minute.

Can you give some ideas as to what to expect and whether it is good to join a tour organized by fellow cruisers? I have been to Ponta Delgada and did an island tour. Is Funchal similar to Azores?

Cheers.

I have also been to Ponta Delgada ..... twice. Out of the two Funchal is far more interesting with more to see within walking distance of the ship. Funchal does suffer the same high humidity that Ponta Delgada suffers but more often than not the low cloud and drizzle of the morning clears to warm sun by afternoon. The centre of Funchal is quite interesting with gardens and the building style is very similar to Ponta Delgada. It is worthwhile taking the cable car up to the Monte Palace Tropical Gardens or the Botanic Gardens. While up there, either take a look at or take a ride on the famous toboggans. That will take up a few hours.

Hey all,

Looking forward to meeting everyone, and also meeting those at the LGBT bar (Maltings, again?).

Traveling solo from Houston, balcony, of course, meeting friends in Majorca and Berlin afterwards before flying back to California.

Hope to meet you all on board.

I trust most, if not all, of you have already downloaded the NCL iconcierge app in your smartphone. I think I paid US$7.95+ last year for activation, but I am not sure about the 2016 rate.

It is convenient for contact among one another on board on real time basis.

Hey all,

Looking forward to meeting everyone, and also meeting those at the LGBT bar (Maltings, again?).

Traveling solo from Houston, balcony, of course, meeting friends in Majorca and Berlin afterwards before flying back to California.

Welcome to our little group. I am looking forward to meeting everyone when I board in Miami.

On the eastbound Jade crossing last October the LGBT/FOD get together was in the Star Bar on Deck 13 at 19:00hrs. It was always very well attended. I am assuming it will be in the same venue this time but you will know before me of course.

I trust most, if not all, of you have already downloaded the NCL iconcierge app in your smartphone. I think I paid US$7.95+ last year for activation, but I am not sure about the 2016 rate.

It is convenient for contact among one another on board on real time basis.

On a previous phone I did download the NCL iConcierge but as it was on the Norwegian Epic I only used it for booking shows & restaurants etc., so I cannot remember paying anything to register. If I have to pay to register then I will probably not bother as when I am cruising the phone spends most of the time switched off. I only really use it when listening to music as I walk my 6 miles/10 kilometres around the promenade deck:eek:

The $7.95 is to only activate messaging and voice calling among guests, which is optional. Otherwise, it is free as DF said, another way of seeing what is going on and booking reservations and excursions as well as account activity. The messaging part is a good idea, especially for groups as many people on the ship carry their phones around them anyway for music and picture taking.

On a previous phone I did download the NCL iConcierge but as it was on the Norwegian Epic I only used it for booking shows & restaurants etc.' date=' so I cannot remember paying anything to register. If I have to pay to register then I will probably not bother as when I am cruising the phone spends most of the time switched off. I only really use it when listening to music as I walk my 6 miles/10 kilometres around the promenade deck:eek:[/quote']

Hey all,

Look forward to meeting you, saw you on the roll call as well. Was on the FAll 2015 T/A and met Kevin and as he said we had a great bunch of guys and several will be making this crossing as well.

Mark