VIFP question. Assigned another # ??

supradupafast

I have a question about VIFP.

So I have completed my first Carnival cruise (loved it), but when I log in my profile online, it still shows me as a blue vifp member.

Shortly after my cruise was completed, I've received a email from Carnival thanking me and giving me my red status, but the email has a new VIFP #. Not the same as my original profile that I booked the trip with.

I would be fine creating a new profile with the new assigned #, but I have two other cruises booked under my original # .

Has anyone else have had this issue?

Thanks.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk

I would log on under your original number. There is an option to claim past cruises. It will take a few days but should show up.

I have done this a couple weeks ago, and still nothing.

I've also emailed CS at Carnival. Nobody wants to talk to me lol :confused:

call the general number for Carnival and ask for E-Support, they will give you the phone number...explain that you have two VIFP accounts that you want merged together...E-Support will merge them for you and it will take 24 hrs to show when you log in but your sailings will be all together, and if like me, you will most likely end up with the newest VIFP #

call the general number for Carnival and ask for E-Support, they will give you the phone number...explain that you have two VIFP accounts that you want merged together...E-Support will merge them for you and it will take 24 hrs to show when you log in but your sailings will be all together, and if like me, you will most likely end up with the newest VIFP #

BE VERY CAREFUL doing this. I had to do this and they "lost" about 21 days worth of cruises - was a NIGHTMARE getting them back as I didn't have any info about any of the cruises as they were so long ago. Just be sure you have dates/booking numbers/ships of any cruises you already completed in case they "lose" any of your history.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

I was never assigned one :)

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk

Do you want one?

We are not allowed to share the names of the good ones on CC, but you can call and ask to speak to one.

The one we had for years left carnival, so I called and asked to speak to one.

I actually called and asked a question about a cruise I was thinking of booking.

The first was impatient.

I called back after a while.

The second spoke with a heavy accent and she and I did not communicate well.

So later that day I called and talked to another who was well spoken, knowledgable and patient.

So you might need to speak with a couple to find someone you communicate well with.

Since I have now been dealing with this same lady for four years now it was time well spent.

She was really helpful last summer when I had to go into the hospital instead of leaving for our cruise the next day.

We could have done it without her, but she made it so much easier.

So yeah, you can book a cruise on line and may never need a PVP, but when you do need help it is nice to be able to talk to someone you are familiar with.

And since PVPs must make a quota, I like the idea of employing a human instead of a computer program.

Edited by mzloolue