Dear Mr. And Mrs. Royal Caribbean

Overtyme

Dear Mr. And Mrs. Royal Caribbean,

On behalf of all of Cruise Critic contributors, their families and their families families and all future generation Cruise Critic contributors, I'd like to offer a sincere, heart-felt apology.

Sometimes we forget that it's our words that can hurt so much.

We never meant to personally attack your children and realize that we may have inadvertently hurt your feelings in the process.

You must be so proud of the ships that your birthed and raised so well.

We will continue to monitor our choice of language in an effort to repair the damage that we have done to your souls every time we say something that might project a less than perfect image of your children.

After-all, we are all God's children and therefore we are all perfect!

So, to all of my dysfunctional Cruise Critic family, I ask that you please sensor yourself and any opinions that you might have, unless they go to the better good of our society.

And so, it is with a full heart and empty stomach that I say, on behalf of the objective and open minded family of mine, that I am so sorry if we have hurt your families feelings with our misinterpreted personal attacks.

[emoji849]

It's one thing to have an opinion and it's another to shame people for not sharing the same opinion.

This post, in its original form is about neither of those things.

It's about people attacking others who say anything bad about a particular cruise line, as if these were personal attacks on them.

Becoming defensive and divisive as a knee-jerk reaction when you are not the subject makes no sense.

oddly enough, that is exactly what your doing in the first post. I don't even pretend to understand why you wrote it but you are apologising for what people are saying and thinking, by doing that you are shaming people for not sharing how you feel things should go.

I agree that things can get out of hand on cc but it is what it is. its not for me or anyone else to judge when opinions clash. if someone gets rude or obnoxious i'm just glad I don't know the person and move on. everyone has the right to feel what they feel and on an open forum like this be prepared to read things you don't like.

and please, don't apologize for me. if I want to, I can do that myself.

Edited by tinkertwo