Pearl Harbour - query re self guided tours

Tobysmum

We will be in Hawaii for 3 days (April 16,17,18) and want to visit PH. A couple of questions - 1) on the official govt site (recreation.gov) it appears that you can order 'entry tickets' to the Arizona Memorial separately from 'narrated tour tickets'. Does ordering the audio tour option (Us$7) automatically give Arizona access or must this be ordered as an extra? We would hate to get there and be issued with an audio guide with no access to the memorial😛

2) Our priority is to see the Arizona, Missouri and the aircraft museum (not the submarine) Does it then make sense, to book a private tour - they all seem to be over US$100; a lot more than simply buying entry and walking around. Our preference for a tour would be maximum of around 20 people.

Any comments and/or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

We will be in Hawaii for 3 days (April 16,17,18) and want to visit PH. A couple of questions - 1) on the official govt site (recreation.gov) it appears that you can order 'entry tickets' to the Arizona Memorial separately from 'narrated tour tickets'. Does ordering the audio tour option (Us$7) automatically give Arizona access or must this be ordered as an extra? We would hate to get there and be issued with an audio guide with no access to the memorial😛

2) Our priority is to see the Arizona, Missouri and the aircraft museum (not the submarine) Does it then make sense, to book a private tour - they all seem to be over US$100; a lot more than simply buying entry and walking around. Our preference for a tour would be maximum of around 20 people.

Thanks in advance.

I do not know about your second question but it is yes for the first one. On the form when you select the day, you then select the time. Next you click on the narrated tour box and then put in how many tickets you want. Here is a screen shot.

25084679416_4aaf68a9d0_b.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure the answer is NO, the audio tour is JUST for the rental of the headsets and DOES NOT include the trip to the USS Arizona Memorial.

If you notice in the ordering window the USS Arizona only is "limited" tickets and the audio tour says "unlimited" which it could not be because there definitely are limited tickets.

And no, I'd never use a tour for Pearl Harbor. I always go on my own.

The Arizona memorial tour tickets are separate from the narrated tour.

Unless you would be paying a lot for transportation to pearl harbor, I would just go yourselves versus a tour bus. Much cheaper and then you decide how long you want/need at each.

~Katy

They are separate things, but as the screen shot shows in the previous post, they can be reserved with one transaction. I did this for our visit in January. As the previous poster mentioned, you are prompted to reserve the Arizona Memorial tickets when you select the audio tour.

We really enjoyed the audio tour.

I would also just purchase your admission to Missouri and Aviation Museum once you get there. No need for a tour. They have a shuttle to take you to both places, and you can go at your own pace.

Edited by baseballsandbows

They are separate things, but as the screen shot shows in the previous post, they can be reserved with one transaction. I did this for our visit in January. As the previous poster mentioned, you are prompted to reserve the Arizona Memorial tickets when you select the audio tour.

We really enjoyed the audio tour.

I would also just purchase your admission to Missouri and Aviation Museum once you get there. No need for a tour. They have a shuttle to take you to both places, and you can go at your own pace.

Thanks for the replies, as usual CC has come to the rescue👍 We've pretty much

decided to pre-book our tickets before we leave on the cruise (29 March) and we'll book the narrated tour. We did something similar on Ellis Island in NY a few years back and the experience was very evocative. I guess the only potential downside with booking so far out is that the day we choose may be pouring with rain but I'm hoping that it would still be warm - it is Hawaii after all 😛

Once again, thanks everyone for your help.