Beer/liquor policy in ports

Tallyfins

I've been on many Carnival cruises and understand their liquor policy when in ports. Does the same apply for beer purchased in port?

I'd like to buy a local 6-pack while in port and enjoy it BEFORE I get back home :)

Thanks in advance,

TF

I have seen numerous times passengers walk past the security officer without presenting the liquor or beer purchased while ashore. Sometimes the security officer will ask to see what you have in your bag. It's basically the luck of the draw. On my January 2016 sailing of Holland America's Eurodam my wife volunteered to have my bottle of rum held until the end of our cruise. The bottle was returned to me on Saturday afternoon while we were in Key West, Florida, the day before we returned to Port Everglades.

Ok thanks. Sounds like its how busy security is when you get back on. I'll probably just have a few more beers in port :)

Thanks, TF

There is a major disconnect between security and the crew at the booze turn in table. Not advocating this at all, but you certainly could buy a cheap bottle of booze to go with your beer, have the beer in the bottom of your bag, cheap booze on top, and only turn in the cheap booze at the table. Again, not advocating, but also not saying this hasn't worked for me countless times in the past.

GTK :)

Thanks

There is a major disconnect between security and the crew at the booze turn in table. Not advocating this at all, but you certainly could buy a cheap bottle of booze to go with your beer, have the beer in the bottom of your bag, cheap booze on top, and only turn in the cheap booze at the table. Again, not advocating, but also not saying this hasn't worked for me countless times in the past.