NCL Getaway in Roatan

ffrencher

You would be much better going to the West End of the Island. The ships offer a great excursion to Tabayana Beach where you will find good service, and food, an exceptional beach and the best snorkeling in the Caribbean.

Thanks! I will look into it. What about Belize? Is it safe to do an excursion there?

Thanks! I will look into it. What about Belize? Is it safe to do an excursion there?

We have been to Belize at least half a dozen times. We tend to do ships excursions because neither the ruins or cave tubing interest us. We tend to do some type of snorkel excursion. The excursions are as safe there as they are anywhere else, I would not recommend wandering in town alone, but it is not any worse than a large US city, you just need to be aware of your surroundings.

I highly recommend that you check the Caribbean Port of call boards. There is one for each island on your voyage and they have lots of good information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

I'm on the April 24th Getaway sailing to Roatan. If I find some WiFi in port afterwards I'll post and let you know where we end up.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by res2cue

We have been to Belize at least half a dozen times. We tend to do ships excursions because neither the ruins or cave tubing interest us. We tend to do some type of snorkel excursion. The excursions are as safe there as they are anywhere else, I would not recommend wandering in town alone, but it is not any worse than a large US city, you just need to be aware of your surroundings.

I highly recommend that you check the Caribbean Port of call boards. There is one for each island on your voyage and they have lots of good information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

I always check there, but thanks. Nothing is jumping out at me for Belize. I think it's because I've heard so many stories about things happening to tourist there.

Oh and btw, I did book Tabyana Beach through NCL. Thanks, it looks perfect!

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

zqvol, I agree most likely Mahogany Bay listed as the docking site on their web page is an error. We've always docked at Coxen Hole when on a NCL ship (Or tendered) As a long time cruiser when I saw this my first thought was NCL was changing where it docked. After talking to customer service I feel NCL will continue using Coxen Hole. Although they are not know to always have accurate information either. Time will tell. You know NCL monitors this board so is aware the information is inaccurate and probably has been for a long time. Why don't they correct it? As I said previously they just don't care. Their focus is how to get that extra $50 per person, not happy guests. I cruise NCL when the numbers work for me and try not to get too focused on their disregard for their customers. Sometimes that hard to do.

We've done Tabyana Beach. it's a great excursion. Maya Key is another favorite.

Edited by tartan cruiser