Emerald to Diamond ? (3 days short)

04mach1

The DW and I are 3 nights short of making Diamond and I was going to take a 3 day cruise to make it, but not sure she can make it. I was thinking about going with my dad and stay in the same cabin as him. Will my dad and I get the points or just who paid for the cabin? If I get the points will my DW and I be Diamond even though she didn't go with me?

Hope my question makes sense and thanks in advance !!

The DW and I are 3 nights short of making Diamond and I was going to take a 3 day cruise to make it, but not sure she can make it. I was thinking about going with my dad and stay in the same cabin as him. Will my dad and I get the points or just who paid for the cabin? If I get the points will my DW and I be Diamond even though she didn't go with me?

Your Dad and you will get the points. It does not matter who pays, it only matters who sails.

However, if you and your wife are linked with Crown & Anchor, and have been on the same exact cruises, then your status will change to Diamond after the cruise, and your wife's status will also be Diamond.

Edited by clarea

However, if you and your wife are linked with Crown & Anchor, and have been on the same exact cruises, then your status will change to Diamond after the cruise, and your wife's status will also be Diamond.

Out of curiosity, why did you include the bolded part? As far as I was aware, as long as she was a Crown & Anchor member of any status and was now linked with the OP, her status would match his regardless of her particular cruising history.

Edited to add... I just realized that my statement assumes that the OP has at least as many points as his wife. If she has more points, then him earning three points might not be sufficient to move him (and, by extension, both of them) to Diamond.

Edited by Daghis

not likely worth the cost of short cruise just to get bumped up to diamond

Out of curiosity, why did you include the bolded part? As far as I was aware, as long as she was a Crown & Anchor member of any status and was now linked with the OP, her status would match his regardless of her particular cruising history.

Edited to add... I just realized that my statement assumes that the OP has at least as many points as his wife. If she has more points, then him earning three points might not be sufficient to move him (and, by extension, both of them) to Diamond.

We are linked in C&A and have the same points.

Thanks for your help !!

That's the key. I didn't want the poster to be disappointed if his points did not appear to have increased. However, your wording ("as least as many points") is more accurate, and is what I should have said.:)

not likely worth the cost of short cruise just to get bumped up to diamond

Depending on the circumstances, it could actually be "worth it".

Given that for a week-long cruise, the Diamond balcony discount is $100 more, and a couple could get free drinks every evening (worth about $350-400 over the course of the week), two free photos ($45), and a few other increased discounts, then it's possible that someone could find a three night cruise for around that price if one could find a good sale. Then, they'd be set to book and sail on their next week-long cruise as Diamond members.

Of course, this neglects to factor in all other expenses (related travel to the port, gratuities, other incidentals), but at least it gets into the ballpark where one could financially justify taking another cruise just to make it to Diamond.

We are linked in C&A and have the same points.

Technical note: Just because you are linked, you may not necessarily have the same points. If you haven't earned the same number of points, then your actual point balances would be different. The web site simply shows you the higher point balance since the accounts are linked.

Crown & Anchor can tell you how many points one actually has, despite what the web site may indicate.