leaving Wed from Baltimore-heading into storm?

candy1698

Could venture a guess, but too much of that happens on these boards already. Anthem made a decision last week, in an overheated environment, to go out of their way to avoid a potential weather development. Today they know much more about Wednesday's potential weather than they did last week when the decision had to be made. With armchair adventurers calling for the Captains head if seas get rough, they likely made the only currently logical call. Zero tolerance for ocean weather.

Grandeur is heading first to Labadee, on a much different track than Anthem's return would have taken. They are also traveling light - free of the heavy media baggage Anthem is carrying. Looking at prog charts and Oceanweather.com, it appears they're in for a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Based on this US Navy web site:

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_DOD_area.cgi?area=fnmoc_namer&set=All

By the time you reach open ocean, the waves off shore will be less than 7 feet. Winds may still be strong (20-30 knots).

It will be "fun" checking in; Baltimore has a 60% chance of showers till 3pm, with NW winds 15-20 with gusts up to 30+ (The high is supposed to be 49 F.)

I'd have no concerns about the trip though. Enjoy the trip.

Aloha,

John

I'll be there with you and I have no concerns at all. Someone that is on a B2B right now on the Grandeur, said the Capt. said it won't be bad. Maybe a little rockin and rollin.

Have a great cruise! If you do, I'm sure I will too......;)

Gwen :)

:confused:If anthem is coming back early to avoid storm why is grandeur still scheduled to leave Baltimore on Wednesday heading to Caribbean.

Grandeur hasn't had a recent noro outbreak that requires that the ship be thoroughly sanitized.

:confused:If anthem is coming back early to avoid storm why is grandeur still scheduled to leave Baltimore on Wednesday heading to Caribbean.

Cause the line doesn't want to listen to drama queens, and with Anthem's recent history, it's unavoidable regardless of what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cause the line doesn't want to listen to drama queens, and with Anthem's recent history, it's unavoidable regardless of what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Take a look at the link I posted earlier; look at the swell report, and you wll see 20+ waves off of NYC Friday night.

When RCI made the decision to send the Anthem home early, that storm was FORECASTto be off the coast of Hatteras on Thursday, and off NYC Friday morning.

Forecast can and do change, but it was a reasonable decision at the time.

I assume that the Anthem will wait till the last second to decide wheher or not to depart on time. (Seeing has both she and the storm are headed north.)

Aloha,

John

The Anthems Captain (and RC) just LIED to the Anthem pax about this supposedly catastrophic storm coming ... just so they wouldn't have to admit that the real reason they were cutting the cruise short was the huge Noro outbreak on board.

Edited by F27TW

From the CDC website:

Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line

Cruise Ship: Anthem of the Seas

Voyage Dates: February 21 - March 4, 2016*

Number of passengers who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of passengers onboard: 125 of 4,061 (3.08%)

Number of crew who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of crew onboard: 16 of 1,592 (1.01%)

Don't really think that would constitute a huge outbreak.