Shore Excursion Suggestion for Family with a 3 and 5 year old?

mengel246

Hi! We'll be in Ochos Rios in April. There's several options for excursions.. any good ones people have experienced with young children (3 and 5 year olds)?

It seems Dunns Falls might be a little too dangerous??

Yes, while it isn't "dangerous" it would probably be physically impossible for a 3 yr old to go up the falls. I've seen 5 & 6 year olds who were pretty agile and athletic handle them, but you would end up carrying the 3 yr old much of the way.....which would not be fun.

Ocho Rios is an area of Adventure type stuff, but you can do a dolphin swim, head to a beach, go to Mystic Mountain for the pool, views, bobsled, etc. Too young for ziplines. I would look into spending the day at an all-inclusive resort. Not sure if Moon Palace does day passes, but that's the closest one and would be awesome. Beaches Ocho Rios is about a 30 minute van ride, but would be amazing for kids your age.

Yep, skip the Falls. I have kids around the same age and have been to the Falls with just my wife recently. Don't stay on the ship. Jamaica is one of my top 3 favorite islands. Day pass at an all inclusive is top on my list but maybe just a catamaran cruise to a beach or just a beach excursion to red stripe beach. At the very least hit the pool at the Margaritaville in the gated port of Falmouth.

Yep, skip the Falls. I have kids around the same age and have been to the Falls with just my wife recently. Don't stay on the ship. Jamaica is one of my top 3 favorite islands. Day pass at an all inclusive is top on my list but maybe just a catamaran cruise to a beach or just a beach excursion to red stripe beach. At the very least hit the pool at the Margaritaville in the gated port of Falmouth.

OP, while you are not in Falmouth, there is a Margaritaville in OR as well. It's right next to the dock and has a small beach. Not too bad of a place to spend a few hours. As another poster mentioned, a catamaran cruise would be an awesome day as well. I agree, don't stay on the ship, get out and see/experience Jamaica. The food, the music but most of all the people.

We did an excursion to turtle river falls.and guardens I called I the whimpy falls because I was able to get on the with my 5 yr old granddaughter. They also have a bird sanctuary where u can feed birds and the eat out of your handd.

The had a photographer follow you and at the end of the tour they sold a cd with all the pictures on I for $10.

It's not very well known. So very fe people there.. vwe really enjoyed it

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1219111-d1631819-Reviews-Turtle_River_Falls_and_Gardens-St_Ann_s_Bay_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

Hi,

What day pass for an all inclusive do you suggest?

http://www.resortforaday.com/Jamaica-Day-Passes-s/1818.htm

I've only stayed in resorts in Mobay but have done excursions into Ochi from there. For kids that age I hear the water park at Jewel Runaway bay is good or head the other direction to Rose Hall all inclusives. Alot of the cruise ships use Jewel but can also be set up on your own.