Forward Facing Angle Balcony -

dales wife

We didn't notice any more wind on our forward facing angle than we did on our rear facing angle, or on a regular balcony. The wind will have more to do with what is happening with the actual wind than with the angle of the balcony. The extra space is great.

We are booked in a Forward Facing angled balcony on the Escape. We're excited about the extra space, but husband is concerned that it will be too windy.

SORRY, I accidentally submitted my question earlier and it wasn't even a question (and couldn't edit my post at the time)!

EDIT: It's windier at the front of the ship, so hubby figures that where the ship "juts out" on the side, that forward facing angled balcony would also be windy, due to "aerodynamics". I researched and did find two comments where others said it was windier. (This is an issue because we can switch to a rear facing angled balcony, but in a less desirable location.) Thoughts from anyone else who has had a forward facing angled balcony - did you find it unusually windy?

I'm glad to hear, LrgPizza, that you have been in forward and rear facing and didn't notice a difference. I would be happy to believe any wind is simply due to the conditions at the time!

Don't mean to high jack but I just booked an aft facing angle balcony room. Lrg Pizza do you have pictures of the deck/room?

These are the best I have. I didn't take any photos of the cabin itself.

Photo%20Nov%2004%209%2049%2007%20AM_zpsvbywwcoq.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2006%203%2012%2051%20PM_zpsodzuejvu.jpg

The forward part can be windy when at sea but the side part is calmer.

Thanks sail7seas. You mean the forward part of the balcony itself can be windy?

I was thinking that might be the case - sitting closer to the side / back / corner of the balcony provides a "break".

These are the best I have. I didn't take any photos of the cabin itself.

Thanx for posting those pics LrgPizza! Looks MUCH nicer than the regular balcony (which we had on the Getaway and could not believe the size difference from the Epic!). Looks like there might be even be enough room to replace one chair with a lounger?

Thanx for posting those pics LrgPizza! Looks MUCH nicer than the regular balcony (which we had on the Getaway and could not believe the size difference from the Epic!). Looks like there might be even be enough room to replace one chair with a lounger?

Even the standard balconies on the Escape are larger than on Getaway, so the angled is that much more larger! We also had an angled on that ship, and this one is quite a bit bigger. Yes, you could fit a single lounger with a regular chair.

We have been in two forward-facing angled balconies on the Escape - one in the forward part of the ship (14176) and one in the aft (12272). We never experienced wind issues on either. Love the additional space on the balcony!

Even the standard balconies on the Escape are larger than on Getaway, so the angled is that much more larger! We also had an angled on that ship, and this one is quite a bit bigger. Yes, you could fit a single lounger with a regular chair.

I didn't know all the Escape balconies are bigger! Thanks for this info, this has made us even happier!!! :)

We have been in two forward-facing angled balconies on the Escape - one in the forward part of the ship (14176) and one in the aft (12272). We never experienced wind issues on either. Love the additional space on the balcony!

We appreciate that input!

We've decided to keep our forward facing angled balcony cabin assignment.

Thanks again to CC members for providing peace of mind! :)

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone...for those who have sailed on the gem or any othe jewel ncl ship, by how much additional space do you get with an angle balcony as opposed to a midship balcony...?

Also, can you you fit 2 loungers on a midship balcony?

Thanks all

Sorry but there are no angled balconies on the jewel class ships, only on the breakaway class ships. I have had both front and rear facing ones on the breakaway and the front facing are windy compared to the rear facing but you still can enjoy it.