St. Thomas jewelry stores

beshears

I will say one thing about the jeweler that I bought my ring from this year. I have bought jewelry in the past in St. Thomas, as well as well known dealers where I live, and never found this.

When I brought my ring home, I noticed something (perhaps this has happened to you, but not me) in the ring box. The ring box had the name of the jeweler (I'm sure they would like more business by doing this), address, phone number and email address. I had never seen this in a ring box before, and I was impressed. :) I know you get this info with the receipts when you make your purchase, etc., but this was even better.

Someone had mentioned about prices here in the USA, compared to St. Thomas, and "comparing" what you bought for the price. Unless you have the "exact" piece of jewelry, I would think that would be hard to do. In all my jewelry buying, I don't believe (unless it is something the is cheap) I have ever found any piece of jewelry in two places where I have shopped. Now I'm sure it would be possible there in St. Thomas, or the USA stores that might be close together. Here in the USA, I normally just have one or two that I purchase good jewelry from.

• 3 weeks later...

It's very hard to compare apples to apples whe dealling withgemstones. So many variables make it neceesary to be a exto evaluate, quality carate,clarity, color, all of which dictatevalue..

Edited by sail7seas

Bam1958, I agree with you completely, but when you mentioned the name, I was not for sure, until I got home from work and checked it out.

I am very happy with my ring bought there, and as I stated earlier, it isn't everyone that will "advertise" their name in the jewelry boxes. To me, if they were not in the "reliable" business, I'm sure they would not be doing that, as they would have everyone contacting them, especially if they were not happy with what they had bought.