Which Caye/Beach?

skidawg79

So I've never been to Belize, and i would love your feedback. Here is what i'm looking for and would love to hear opinions on where to go.

1. Beach

2. A place to get drinks

3. At the barrier reef, have to go snorkeling right?

Read about Goffs Caye, but looks small, hows the snorkeling? unlimited rum punch? ;-)

Caye Caulker seems to be the most popular, but doesn't seem like they have much of a beach, hows the snorkeling? Definitely some places to get drinks from what i see.

Ambergris Caye. don't know much about this one.

Honestly, any other suggestions would be awesome as well.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
Mitsugirly I would like to ask you some questions about Caye Caulker but I cannot figure out how to PM here? You seem to have a lot of experience and knowledge that could help me!!! ")

There is not a PM function on these boards. The mods have always had it disabled.

I have only been to Caye Caulker once, when we did our shark swim, so not too much experience there. But, you are welcome to ask on here and I'll answer if I can and if I can't there's plenty of people on these boards that probably can. :)

There is not a PM function on these boards. The mods have always had it disabled.

I have only been to Caye Caulker once, when we did our shark swim, so not too much experience there. But, you are welcome to ask on here and I'll answer if I can and if I can't there's plenty of people on these boards that probably can. :)

Really just wondering what to expect. My wife and I are non drinkers so the normal bar hop thing is out. We have kids age 21 and 17 (twins) they get bored with the beach day thing.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Really just wondering what to expect. My wife and I are non drinkers so the normal bar hop thing is out. We have kids age 21 and 17 (twins) they get bored with the beach day thing.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

The way it felt to me is just a small laid back village type of place where people use golf carts, bikes or walking to get around the island (I don't believe they even have cars from what I had read prior to going). So it's a pretty safe place as far as not worrying about traffic or anything. We walked down the street right parallel to the ocean/beach and then went into the neighborhoods and felt safe the entire time. The locals were really nice and friendly as well. :)