Holiday Inn Port of Miami June 2016

magicsoccer

I have a room booked pre-cruise. We will not have a car and will be dropped there by the SAS shuttle. I like the area to be able to walk to the outdoor Mall and to be close to the port. The reviews have been extremely mixed. I have also read rumors of it closing soon. Anyone have any new reviews or information about closure.

I have a room booked pre-cruise. We will not have a car and will be dropped there by the SAS shuttle. I like the area to be able to walk to the outdoor Mall and to be close to the port. The reviews have been extremely mixed. I have also read rumors of it closing soon. Anyone have any new reviews or information about closure.

No, it isn't closing yet, it has been sold. It will be operating as a Holiday Inn until at least the fall of 2017.

Sorry, I tried a search and nothing really new came up. I must not have searched correctly.

No, you are fine! I'm sorry if it came across snarky! The original post IS difficult to find so I've asked the mods to make either this or it a sticky.

When people hear it has been sold, unless you have inside knowledge of the situation or a hotel or commercial real estate background, a person thinks it will shut down immediately. Not the case.

It will take the developers months and years to get the proper permitting for demolition and the rebuild.

In the meantime, it will operate as a Holiday Inn.

The development may fall through completely.

Some people like this hotel and others don't which is why the reviews are mixed.

It is located near Bayside which has various shops and restaurants. Some of the restaurants are chains.

It is located about 10 minutes from the port by taxi. Only about 1.5 miles. Very easy.

Keith